Monday, June 15, 2009

Funny to the Max

With super cool, super fast Uncle Drew in Eugene, OR
Maxisms:

Last week we were talking to my mom on the videophone and she apologized because she had a scratchy voice. Max looked at her for a second like he was assessing the situtation and then said, matter-of-factly, "You need a new mouth."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Max loves the movie Wall-E - it's the favorite. There is a part in there where the captain is trying to return to earth but is being thwarted by the "Auto Pilot" (you'd have to see the movie to get it). Anyway, the captain has a line - "I don't want to survive, I want to LIVE!" Well, a few weeks ago Max got hurt a bit and was being overly dramatic about his injury. Ty told him, "You're okay, Bud. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure you're going to survive." Through the tears, Max exclaims, "I don't want to survive, I want to LIVE!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing he said through tears the other day...I was comforting him on my lap and he was just beside himself. I don't remember what had happened. But through tears in a super sad voice he asked, "What did Jesus say to God?" I tried several things that I thought maybe we'd told him or he'd heard, but I couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer. He wanted to call Dad. I forgot to ask Ty about it. I'll have to do that tonight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Last thing. Max has become very friendly in public, which wasn't always the case. Now he wants to talk to everyone. We went a few weeks ago to Drew's race in Eugene, OR. He runs (or, rather, ran...he's now graduated) for the BYU Track Team. While we were hanging in the bleachers Max made a few friends. One lady was standing with her little girl who looked to be about 2. I watched the interaction but couldn't hear what was being said.

This is what I saw: Max tilted his head to the side as he does when he's asking a question. He then rested his head on one hand (he was leaning on some part of the bleachers) and extended the other hand out, as though offering an explanation. The ladies shoulders went forward as though she was laughing. A few minutes later she walked over and asked if I'd heard what Max had said.

This is how the conversation went: The lady told Max that her daughter wasn't feeling very well. Max asked why (tilted head)? She said she didn't know, she just wasn't feeling very well. Then Max, resting his head in his hands, and very sincerely extending his hand along with a possible explanation, said, "Maybe she has the swine flu." Imagine being told that by a 3-year-old. Our reaction was exactly like the nice lady's. A laugh of disbelief. Ours went on even longer than the nice lady's though. Still makes me laugh to think about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for a really fabulous case of bed-head:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I sure like my kids!

6 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

Oh man, that gave me a good laugh! I love the swine flu comment. It's so crazy how much they can catch on to and remember from adult coversations.
I adore Kelly's bedhead hair. What cute kids!!

Jana Banana said...

love the bed head... and her face goes right along with it!!

janet said...

love the new mouth comment. so funny! and that bed head is wicked!

carly said...

he is SO funny! i love hearing the things they say. the swine flu one is my favorite. i would have been laughing so hard! and i LOVE kelly's hair! :)

Shawna said...

Marvelous hair!
And I laughed at the Maxisms. Great!

Mommy said...

Max sure is a smarty pants. Maybe he'll be a doctor one day. (I sure love reading about his cute comments. I can't wait to hear what CJ has to say when he starts talking.) :)