Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry, indeed!

We had a very Merry Christmas in the Foster home. I hope that yours was just as relaxing, memorable and wonderful. I'm just going to throw some pictures on here with little explanations because my hubby is off for the next week and a half and we're doing some fun projects and spending good time together. He's spackling the laundry room right now so that I can start painting *VERY excited about this - pictures to come later!*

Christmas Eve is my favorite. I love that it's focused on the Savior and service to others. That's the day that we take plates of goodies to neighbors and friends *only neighbors this year since we're mostly snowed in*. Ty went to the grocery store for me in the a.m. (no small feat since we had to use chains on our tires just to get up our hill for the past several days). While he was gone, Max and I played with play-dough and made a Christmas tree that we wanted to take a picture of. Isn't it lovely?And that turned into a little mother and son photo shoot. He was being very funny so I included a lot of the pictures - not so much for you, dear readers, but for me to remember it by. I won't explain why I love each of them since you're not his mom and you won't think it's nearly as cute as I do. Suffice it to say I love, love, love my little man!

In unrelated-to-Christmas news, I finally took pictures of Kelly climbing the stairs - an activity she's enjoyed for a while now, but I'm just capturing. Don't you want to grab & kiss her?! Don't worry, I do it enough for everyone.*Love the view from behind on this little lady*
Then we had a nice dinner *crab legs, shrimp, steak, potatoes, bread, asparagus...and we were joined by our dear friend, Jennifer, whose husband is in the Navy and had duty all night as well as one of her friends who was on her own for the holiday*. It was very enjoyable! After dinner we acted out the nativity story. Ty totally took charge of the costumes and everything. He did a fabulous job. We stole my sister-in-law's idea of acting it out to a primary song (can't think of the name of the song right now). In the middle of it, as we had all taken our places around Jesus and were listening to the song, Max came and knelt in front of Jesus and said, "I want to worship Him." Then he gave Jesus a very tender kiss. Loved it. Here is our cute shepherd and our crazy angel who wouldn't hold still long enough for a picture...or long enough to even keep her pillowcase costume on.



Christmas morning tradition is that Dad goes downstairs first to see if Santa did, indeed, stop at our place. Then he brings up the stockings filled with joy, as well as the letter from Santa. All are, of course, very well received.We waited on the stairs while Dad checked on our haul and got the camera ready...

Max to the Max was THRILLED with his train set. The train mat was a bit of a late order with Santa and is now on a UPS truck in the middle of country, making it's way to our little dude. Good thing Santa works after Christmas to make sure his presents still get where they need to be! He also got a little Fisher Price computer, clothes, a bucket of large G.I. Joe soldiers, a tickle-me Cookie Monster, and too many little things to name. Santa, Tutu & Grandpa Ted AND his parents were really good to him this year. We can't help it, he's too cute.Bo Belly got a ball popper that goes totally crazy and sends the balls flying high into the air. We're a little afraid when it gets going! She seems to love it, though. She also received a fun bath toy, some clothes, a tickle-me-Ernie, snacks and the cutest little coat. I think the coat was really a gift to the momma because it makes my heart happy every time I put it on her. :)
Christmas breakfast - German Pancakes, a tradition we started last year.Such a great holiday! I love it and am sad to see it go. But there are many fun things coming up, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

campblondie said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas!

Emily Youngdell said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas. I like your tradition of German Pancakes on Christmas morning. That's a cute idea!