Thursday, October 09, 2008

Who will join me?!

Okay, VEGAS family and friends...Some of you have expressed interest in joining me for one of the races at the Valley of Fire. I'll be doing my first full marathon that day and it would be so fun to be there with you all! There is a 10K race (about 6.2 miles) or a half-marathon (13.1 miles) as well. The beauty of these races is that there are people of all fitness levels who participate. You can run the whole thing, you can walk/run, or you can walk the entire time. Seriously, just sign up for the 10K and come walk it with some friends or your family. We can all meet for dinner the night before and carbo-load! You'll feel so good about yourself and you'll feel better about everything you'll be eating the next week for Thanksgiving. :) Doesn't it sound fun?! If your answer is yes (and it totally should be!), then go to the website below and sign up. Try to sign up before the 11th
(this Saturday) because the cost goes up after that. The best thing I've found is to take the plunge and register! Then tell everyone you know what you are planning to do. That way you are committed and you'll find a way to be ready when the day comes. I started to talk about my first triathlon and this whole marathon business before I actually thought I could do it - it helps to have more people to be accountable to.

Okay, so go to the website and register already!

Go to this website for a 10K training schedule and don't worry that you don't have quite as much time before the race as the training plan. You can still do it. Trust me.

Or if you want to go for the half-marathon, click here for a training schedule.

Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail so I know you're going to do it. Spread the word amongst friends, get your spouse to join you...it'll be great!

*A big thanks to Bethany for helping me figure out how to do the linking thing! :) I feel so cool.*

6 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

This is how you do the 'say click here and you click on "here" and it takes you to another site'
When you are typing your post. You will highlight the word that you want linked, such as HERE. Then you will need to copy the web address you want it linked to. Then back to your post, there is a little world with a chain link looking thing, it is next to the text color, and right before the alignments (it will say 'hyperlink' and then have a place to enter the URL when you click on it) you will paste the web address in the box after it says URL and click okay. Then it should be linked up! I hope that makes sense! Let me know if you need any more help!

Anonymous said...

hey! i just tried emailing you and it got sent back to me. do i have it right? let me know what it is again!

campblondie said...

I am so stinkin' proud of you! You are amazing. However, I am not, because I will not be in Vegas for THanksgiving. Or any other holiday this year, I think we are kickin' it at home. Will I ever see you again?

Beth said...

so, I totally wish I could do it with you. I had actually considered the vegas marathon at one point. I am so proud of you! Way to set a goal and go after it! Love all your pictures and your adventures lately!

Beth said...

so, I totally wish I could do it with you. I had actually considered the vegas marathon at one point. I am so proud of you! Way to set a goal and go after it! Love all your pictures and your adventures lately!

Beth said...

sorry 'bout that!!! whoops!!!