Sunday, October 05, 2008

Oh boy!

There is so much to catch up on, but I'll just mention the big ticket items:

We just had a WONDERFUL visit from my in-laws. Mickey and Margaret flew in on a Thursday and were able to stay until Tuesday evening. It was so nice to have them here. We didn't do many exciting things, but we did the most important things. We spent lots of time playing with the kids and talking and working on little projects together. We went to the park, picked blackberries (they grow wild here) and made blackberry jam, fixed the disposal, picked all of the apples off of our trees, went on a few walks, visited some old and dear friends, and laughed a lot. It really was the perfect visit. We love you, Mickey and Margaret, and can't wait for you to come again! I never seem to get enough pictures of these visits, but here are a few... *picture bottom right: Max fell asleep like that and stayed that way for the better part of an hour*

Father and Son fix the disposal much to the delight of the woman of the house...



-----------------------------------------------------------
I have a couple of really cute kids! Dang, I love being their mom.
Here are a few shots of my little lady:
And Max is always doing 'photo shoots' so I thought I should share some of his work with you all. He had me hold up that soft block just so. He's a very particular photographer.
--------------------------------------------------
We went to Leavenworth, Washington this weekend - a very quaint Bavarian town - for the purpose of me running my first half-marathon, but on Friday we got to just enjoy the town for a few hours. Gorgeous scenery on the drive and a very cool place to visit.



Saturday morning (race day) was supposed to be really rainy. It did rain, but not as much as expected and the temperatures were perfect for running. I came in 122nd out of 388 half-marathoners - not too shabby for a slow runner such as myself. I loved doing the race...I loved stopping at the end :)...I love that I did something hard...I love that I have such a supportive cheering section and a husband who kept kids occupied while his wife was on the course and while she was training. Thank you, babe, for being my #1 fan! Now I'm thinking of doing my full marathon at the end of November at the Valley of Fire near Vegas (don't judge me if I decide not to do it that soon, though, okay?!). Who's with me?! Before you write me off, they also have a half-marathon and a 10K for that race. I'm serious, folks. I would love for all of my Vegas friends to join me!
*pictured with me below is my good friend Jennifer Gibson who has run several marathons (even one on a glacier in Antarctica- for real!). She's 15 weeks pregnant and has done 3 half-marathons in that time.*

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOO-HOO DANA!! I am so proud of you, you ROCK! I am excited to see you run your booty off in November! I am thinking of joining you, but not for the marathon, just the 10K, we'll see... :) Love ya D!

Unknown said...

I also love the pictures Max took! The Block looks great, He has a good eye for photography! :)

And what else can I say about Kelli other then SO STINKIN CUTE! I just want to squish her, only a month in a half!

Ty you are a good man! My sis is one lucky lady! Great job with the disposal, and being super dad while your woman did her thing!

Unknown said...

Opps, I did it again I meant to spell it KELLY! :)

Kristen said...

WAY TO GO!!! It really is such an accomplishment.

On another note, Kelly is looking so much older! I love that smile in the picture with Mickey.

Madsen Family said...

Dana, Again, I am so very impressed. I am impressed with your culinary abilities (blackberry jam--yum); with your cute kids (what is it about babies in hats--so cute! And Max is quite the photographer); but mostly with your running accomplishments! Way to go. I really would like to know how/when you train and get everything else done. You are super-woman in my book! Congrats! You look GREAT by the way:)

Monique said...

Congratulations! Way to set a goal & reach it. Well, there goes my excuse for not joining you on the marathon in November. I thought being 8 months prego would get me off the hook until you bragged about your friend doing 3 marathons in the four months she's been pregnant:) But let's face it I will be a much better cheering section than a running partner. Let me know if you decide to do it and we will plan to be there with banners waving.

janet said...

Way to go on your run AND on having such great in laws AND on making such cute kids! Max is quite the photog, too!

Bonny said...

Great job Dana! I can't believe your gonna go for the full marathon - you are one brave woman!! Good luck. I could probably do the 10k - maybe!! :)
Your kiddos are just adorable. Its so fun watching them grow and change.
Love you lady!
(Oh, and count yourself penciled in! Just give me a place and a time and I will be there.)

Anonymous said...

dana, you always have the best posts! i love reading them. wait to go on the half marathon! i bet it was the greatest feeling after you finished. i have mine this sunday morning and am getting nervous! hopefully it will just be fun! my brother is trying to convince me to do a full one in salt lake in april. i will be SO impressed if you train for one that soon! go girl!:)

Emily Youngdell said...

Bravo on the jam! I love homemade jam. I refuse to eat store bought jam. YUCK! Ok, I don't refuse, I just don't like it. Ü Congrats on the run! Are ya glad it's over?

I miss ya my friend! When are we going to see each other again? Abbey and I were talking one day and she said that we should go on a road trip and come up and see you someday. I don't know when or if that will ever happen, but it would be awesome..

The Nicks Family said...

Sounds like you are all doing great. Way to go on the run. I love the pictures Max took! I always get a kick out of what they boys take pictures of when I give them the camera. A lot of them actually come out pretty well! I am so glad you had fun with your in-laws! Love ya girl!!!