Monday, October 27, 2008

Who needs 'em?

Why do we have toenails?
Can anyone tell me what they are good for? I'm sure there is a good medical/logical/scientific reason since our Creator is a very smart man. I just don't know what that reason is. Right now I think it's so that I can look like a hard-core runner by having nasty looking toenails that are turning black and falling off. My second toe on each foot has taken the brunt of the trauma, the rest are holding out pretty well. The good thing is that it doesn't hurt, just looks gross. And I wore open-toe shoes to church yesterday...which is really gross.

**To clarify: I haven't done the marathon yet. My longest run thus far was last Saturday - 18 miles. So I'm sure there is more nastiness to come in the toenail/foot department**

8 comments:

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

Hey Dana! I am so happy that I found your blog. Your family is so cute!!!! My blog is www.mattandseri.blogspot.com. Go Check it out! Love ya Chica,
Seri

Madsen Family said...

Does this mean the marathon went well??????? I hope so! (And I have always thought toenails were superfluous--perhaps that is because mine are NOT so cute)!

Emily Youngdell said...

Ouch!! That looks painful. I think it's awesome that you are confident enough to wear your open toed shoes to church. Ü

Carrie said...

Hooray for nasty toe nails! They are your badge of honor. I'm soooo proud of you.
But I do have two questions:
1. how soon after Kelly was born did you start running?
2. When do you do your running?

Keep up the good work!!!

Marleen said...

You brave soul for putting up a picture of your feet. You are so almost to the finish line. Way to go.

campblondie said...

18 miles..... why don't you blog when you have a long run to report! (I'm kidding of course, for some reason I felt like I needed to trash talk. Seriously though, 18 miles! That's AWESOME!)

Robyn said...

That is precisely why I do not run. Thank you for the visual reminder!

Shawna said...

Is it okay to say Eww? :) At least you have a good excuse for having funky toenails.
Yeah, and I have no idea what toenails are for.