Sunday, November 18, 2007

Stats on the Max


Here are the stats on our little man, Maxwell Tyler, at his 18-month checkup:


23 lbs. 11 oz. (25th percentile)

32 " tall (abt. 50th percentile)

49.2 head circumference (81st percentile)


Now, looking at the percentiles one would think that our son has a disproportionately huge noggin' or that his head would make that lightweight body tip over. I assure you that he looks just as he should. Cute and healthy and more active all of the time! Nursery was great today, by the way. I didn't see him again until the end of the block of meetings. Although I was told there were occasional "Mama" cries. What can I say, the boy loves me! And who can blame him? :)

5 comments:

campblondie said...

What a big boy! Tess's head is the 95th and I don't think it looks too big either. When the Dr. asked me if big heads ran in my family I said, "Well I have a big head and my husband is really slim.......maybe we're a mismatch that way."

Sandy said...

Daniel is alot the same--lower percentiles for height and weight and higher percentile for his head circumference. I think you said it perfect "he looks just as he should, cute & healthy." Max is so cute!

Kirsten said...

Eli's head was off the chart at his 15 month checkup, so don't worry about that one, little Max - you are in good company! Eli was still a little bit stockier than Max. He was 27 lb and 31 inches tall then too. He goes in for his next appt in a couple weeks, hopefully he will have grown into his head a bit. Max is one handsome little dude! Just remember, bigger heads mean bigger brains, right?

janet said...

My kids heads are huge, Max's is not. I wonder if Luke will ever grow into his... we will see. He is so darling and I am glad to hear all is well in nursery. Love ya!

Emily Youngdell said...

I love that picture of Max, that is so cute. He is such a darling little boy!