Monday, October 22, 2007

Fosters = Fun

I have been posting so much about our baby-to-be lately and have neglected to post about all of the fun things we've been doing. Let's see...

*We took the ferry over to Seattle, this time just walking on and leaving our car behind, and went to the Seattle Aquarium. It was awesome - so much to see and cool things for little kids to do there. Then we ate at Ivar's and I had the best New England clam chowder of my life (Max dug the bread bowl). We walked all along the piers and the shops there. I love going into cool little shops like that. It was a perfect day!

* We've been hitting Waterfront Park a lot lately. Max can't stand having full days cooped up inside the house. So even when it's chilly, as long as it's not raining, we try to get out. He loves to hang out by the water and throw rocks in over and over and over again. He also loves chasing the birds and running along the pier to peek down between the cracks and see if he can find any hanging out below. Often we are the only ones at the park since it's pretty cold - sometimes I think I probably shouldn't have my kid out there if nobody else does. :) Oh well.

* A few Saturdays ago we decided to go looking for salmon. This time of year they are making their way upstream to lay eggs and die. I know, really pleasant. It's a natural process, though, folks, and that is beautiful. But it is cool to watch them swimming upstream against the current. Well, we decided to go along the Clear Creek Trail this year, which runs through the town where we live. Alas, no salmon to be found. But it was a beautiful day and a gorgeous walk through the trees. I can't believe it's taken us this long to walk along there - it's minutes away from our house! We decided that since we'd already gone so far we should walk over to our favorite park. It was further than it seemed. :) I think it was a four mile walk altogether, so not really that bad, just more than we'd anticipated. After that and playing at the park with Max we were pooped!


*No pictures of this, but last week Tyler had to be at a training all week long in Kent, WA. So on Wednesday night Max and I packed up and headed over to hang out with him that night and on Thursday. We had a great time; it was nice to not be away from Ty for the whole week...and to break out of our normal routine here at home. We got back on Thursday night. Then on Friday I left Max with his Tutu (his Hawaiian adopted grandma in the ward) and headed over to meet Tyler and go to the temple. It was the perfect end to our week! I love my husband and our little man. I am getting more and more excited every day for this new little person who will be joining us. She's sure an active little thing! Oh, and I also had a Dr. appt - we went over the ultrasound results and everything looks great. It's a miracle to me. I know I say this a lot, but life is really, really good.

14 comments:

campblondie said...

Everytime I am visiting my sister in Seattle the only request I make is Ivar's. I love that place! Looks like you have been having a great time. I love that area, soooo beautiful!

Madsen Family said...

Dana-You are right, Fosters do equal fun! Too bad I wasn't right about your baby. At least now my baby can one day marry yours. Ahh, a match made in heaven. Looks like you've been staying busy in WA. I am heading that direction in a week or so. So, so, excited. Too bad you're too far away to see. Love your blog, chica! You're an inspiration to all.

The Nicks Family said...

I love those pictures! Max is getting so big and is so handsome. Sounds like you have been having tons of fun! Love ya!

Emily Youngdell said...

I'm glad that you guys are happy and doing well. Your belly looks so cute!

Unknown said...

What a fun little time you guys are having, and what great photos by the water! I so love your little pregnant belly! Little Max is turning into quite the charmer! Yes, he and Eli MUST be cut from the same fabric. There are MANY days where we are the only ones out and about, and everyone driving by looks at us like we are a bit daft - well they probably think Eli looks cute and I am the daft one. He loves to put on his hat and mittens though.

We will be thinking of you on our frequent chilly day outings knowing you guys are probably out too!!

Tyler said...

Wow, the Fosters are a fun family and the husband is really great! He seems kinda familiar...

Camille said...

You look so cute pregnant!!! I'm jealous - I was as big as a house! So you live in a beautiful area; looks like you are really enjoying the beautiful nature there. I love the pics.
And my married name is Clark.

Matt & Emily said...

Dana! Your family is so cute! I finally started blogging so I've been paying better attention to other people's blogs and noticed your link from camp blondie! I don't think I knew you served a mission in Hawaii, but COOL! And, are you living in my home state??? Well, check us out at mattandemilysmith.blogspot.com. It's so good to see you doing so well. Congrats on having a girl this time!! YEA!

Kristen said...

Looks like some good times. I think your belly picture is very cute:) You're right.. Foster's= Fun. They just bring happiness and fun wherever they go.

Ann said...

It makes me so happy to be able to FEEL how happy you are. Families really do bring the greatest joy in life. Can you imagine not wanting children or not having a family? We really are blessed. And you look super cute!

janet said...

whoa.. your family IS loads for fun. Your little tummy is so darling and it looks gorgeous there. great to get an update on the happenings..

janet said...

i meant loads OF fun... oh, how I hate typos.

Bonny said...

So beautiful!! And I mean that in everyway - the scenery, the little dude and you, Miss beautiful you!! (oh, and I don't want to leave out Tyler:)
I am lovin' the pregnant belly! So cute! I found a cute picture of me, you, Cathy and Jane from Max's baby shower and I realized that we were all preggo in it - except for Jane of course. I had just found out (and was still keeping it a secret) so I was in the first trimester, Cathy was in her second trimester and you were in your third trimester! I thought it was pretty cute. So it seems like Cathy and I better get busy so we can do it all over again!!
Love ya lady!!

val said...

Dang. I thought I had commented about how darling you look with your belly but I guess I haven't yet...What a fun post and great photos. Dana, I think you might win cutest pregnant lady ever. How does it feel? I love you and love to read about your latest happenings.