Monday, January 23, 2012

Vegas, baby!

I went to Vegas to meet a babe.  My newest nephew, Seth Daniel Tippetts. Oh my, was he worth the trip! In November I said to my hubby, "You know, Adri is having a baby and I'm not going to see my family until June and it would be really fun to make a trip and do things post-baby that I've never gotten to do for my sisters because you dragged me to live thousands of miles away."  Wellll....I didn't say the last part because he didn't "drag" me anywhere, I love living where we live.  The only downside is how far we are from family.


My hubs, who promised me a life of ease and luxury when we got married :), didn't hesitate and said that he thought I should do it.  So I did!  And I had the BEST time.  It was quick, but perfect.

I took almost every mode of transportation - Ty dropped me off at the ferry, I walked through the streets of downtown Seattle, boarded the light rail, ended my train ride at the airport, and was picked up in Vegas by my mother dearest.  It was SO WEIRD to travel by myself.  I almost didn't know what to do with my hands and brain.  I am so used to entertaining three little people.  I was on the ferry, looking through the pictures on my phone because I was already missing my little fam, and found the cutest video of Kelly "PRESENTING the greatest karate kid guy, boy in the whole world!!!!....man"  And Max hopped into the picture doing sweet karate moves on my bed.  Made my day.  I laughed out loud.  After that I decided to enjoy it (the quiet, I mean, and time to myself).  And I did.  At the airport I got myself some Ivar's Clam Chowder in a bread bowl.  Yep, I even took a picture of it and sent it to my hubs with this text: "Happy pregnant lady"  I had a layover in San Jose and then the second plane I boarded was not crowded and the seats were much more comfy.  Nice.  I did a lot of reading and thinking....and took an unflattering picture of myself to send to my kids when I was on the plane.


I slept that night at my parent's place and then the next morning we headed over to Adri's to help get Jack off to school and hang with her and her kids.  I went to two Dr. appointments with her that day and got to hold the adorable sleeping two-week-old little man a lot.  I got to just be the Aunt and play with my nieces and nephews, which was SO fun!  I wish I didn't get tired as quickly as I do these days, but we still had fun. I love them!





Friday my dad-dad-daddio came over to Adri's and taught me how to make a very delicious chile verde.  I love cooking with my daddy.  On Saturday I got to hang out with just my sisters and mom for a while.  In-N-Out and Krispy Kreme were two things I was craving, so they kindly obliged.  Why, oh why, do we not have a Krispy Kreme in Silverdale?  My waist line is glad, but my pregnancy cravings are not.  That night the whole Vegas crew was together.  My dad was a regular jungle gym for a good portion of the night.  I love my family so much!  It was great to be with them.










I flew home Sunday morning to crazy snow in Seattle (but the pictures are the view before I landed in Salt Lake City for a layover).  I had to drag my suitcase the few blocks from the train to the ferry, which turned out to be a feat of strength for this pregnant momma.  I'd drag the suitcase through the snow until too much was piled up and it got stuck, lift it over the pile, and keep going until I had to do the same thing again.  I hadn't packed a coat (I was going to sunny Vegas, after all!) and so my mom sent me home with a fleece jacket and gloves when we saw the forecast the night before.  Thnak heavens for my mom!  Tyler and Everett picked me up from the ferry with flowers in hand (Kelly and Max were in their primary classes) and my kids and hubs made a welcome home sign that Max decided would be best to hang on the ceiling above my bed.  He must have known I'd be tired when I got home. :)



Perfect trip, perfect little family to come home to.  I am so grateful.

1 comment:

val said...

how fun. janet told me you were in town for a quick visit. what a sweet new little one. i'm sure your mann family loved having you visit and spoil them and your little fam loved having you come home!