Saturday, September 17, 2011

Soccer!


I called to sign Maxwell T up for his first season of soccer in late June.  Apparently that is LATE registration. All of the Boys U6 teams were full AND they were already short coaches for two of the teams.  "Well..." I replied, "what if my husband and I were to coach?"  "Then he could definitely play!" was the answer.  It seemed like such a good idea at the time. :)

 "I want to be stylish"
 Another stylish pose
 I played a lot of soccer and watched a lot of soccer growing up.  Ty played for a while when he was younger too.  But neither of us had a clue when it came to coaching.  We spent a lot of time looking stuff up online and then went for it.  We have the CUTEST little team - the Swift Ninjas.  I really love each of the boys.  We're not great, but we've got heart and the boys are already improving.  Today was our second game and our boys totally thought the score was tied 6-6 at the end...I have no idea what the score was, but pretty sure the other team scored 5+ points more than that.  They finally took the two boys on their team who actually know what they are doing out of the game and then we had a serious succession of goals. :)
 My son, the ham, who was not really laughing, but doing a fake laugh pose

Max LOVES to play.  Today I was watching him at the game and I realized that he has a huge smile on his face the ENTIRE time he is out there playing.  Brother is so cute to watch!  He's a really great teammate and sport too.  He's always telling the other boys how great they're doing and gets so excited when they make good plays.  As we were walking to our car today some of the players from the other team were walking behind us and Max turned around and said, "That was a really good game.  You guys are really good players!  You had some great plays!"  They just kind of stared at him, but I told him how happy it made me to hear him say those things.  He makes my mother heart so happy.
"Now take a picture where I pretend someone is tickling me."  After a few pictures, "That kind of hurt my arm, BUT....I had to do it."

No comments: