Saturday, September 17, 2011

Les Miserables

On the ferry to Seattle

Tyler and I went and saw the magical Les Mis at the 5th Ave Theater in Seattle.  Beforehand we bought a new purse for me - my strap just happened to break while walking from the ferry to the restaurant.  Darn. :)  Then we went to the Cheesecake Factory where we both had scrumptious meals.  Afterward we made our way over to the theater for the show which, of course, did NOT disappoint.  Oh my, those voices.  Incredible.  I can't count the number of times I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes.  We saw Les Mis in Las Vegas the weekend before we got engaged...about 7 years ago.  I'd bought tickets 6 months or so before and thought, "I'm SURE I'll be dating someone worth taking."  I guess I would have taken my sister or mom or someone if it hadn't worked out, but work out it did.  I got myself an engagement ring just a few days later.  I was thinking this time, though, how nice it is that we were going home together at the end of the night.  Being engaged was fun and all, but being married is so rad.  It helps to be married to such a great man.
We were chastised for taking a picture in the theater just moments later



We were in a busy spot, the guy took the picture, we didn't feel like making people wait while we tried again.  Now I wish we would have.  Oh well.

I loved the whole night - walking together, the ferry rides, the food, the show, kissing on a bench because we were so early for the ferry going back.  It was all pretty darn perfect.  Our pictures of the night are mostly terrible, but here they are anyway.

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

I am sooooooo very jealous. Lately, I've been listening to the Les Mis soundtrack and I was just longing to go see it--I haven't seen it since high school. In fact, Will likes the music too (of course, I skip the scandalous songs). His favorite is "Who am I? I'm Jon U Jon"--that's how he says Jean Valjean. Too cute. Glad you had a good time. Maybe I'll be off to see it soon, though I won't be going on a ferry boat to do it--that sounds like fun!