Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two Years Ago...

this little lover entered our lives!
She lights up the room, even when she's scowling (because, really, even her scowl is adorable).
Man, check those lashes!
Kelly Anne loves:
  • to hold and kiss babies (which is either great or not-so-great for Everett - we're not sure :) )
Can you tell which baby is real?
  • to sing (oh my heart! her 'twinkle, twinkle, little star is so sweet - you can watch her sing it below)
  • the colors pink and purple ("pink is my fav-uh-rite!")
  • princesses
  • pretty hair ("Oh! Don't mess up my hair!" and she'll sit so patiently while it's being done)
  • her big brother, Max (she'll follow him anywhere and play swords and guns and bad guys/good guys as long as he wants)
*Max 'reading' the Book of Mormon Reader to Kelly*
  • eating (she spends anywhere between 15-30 minutes at the table after everyone else is done eating...she takes it slow and thoroughly enjoys the experience)
  • cameras! (she got her very own for her birthday...except it was a cheap digital camera and she holds it up to look through the viewfinder and says, "I can't see very well!")

Last night we celebrated her birthday since Ty has school tonight. We went to Costco to eat since the girl is a hot dog lover. She insisted all evening that her name was NOT Kelly - it was 'Kelly's Little Daddy' and we had to call her that every time we addressed her. (She reminds me of someone...not sure who...do you know, Mom? :) ) Kelly has a fabulous imagination; I love listening to her play. She also has a great memory. She loves to read books, call people "by myself", and laugh. Oh, the girl loves to laugh and loves making people laugh. Hardly a night goes by that Ty and I don't lie in bed and go over funny/cute things that she's said or done that day.
I let the kids decorate the excess cake, although more frosting ended up in their bellies than on the cake :)
Happy Birthday, little woman!
We are so blessed to have you in our home. You spice up our lives and we cannot imagine life without you. We love you SOOOO much!

5 comments:

janet said...

oH! She's a gorgeous little thing. Those eyes are like nothing I've ever seen.. "Kelly's little Daddy" made me laugh.

the video was so cute, but I couldn't help but be distracted by the little person inside the entertainment center in the background. Isn't it weird that little feet moving around in a tiny cubbyhole seems normal?

Happy Birthday, Kelly! She is lucky to have such an awesome mama!

Anonymous said...

Love that girl, and the big one that is her mama! Happy Happy Day Kelly bo belly!!

The Nicks Family said...

Oh I am a horrible aunt! I had plans all day to call once we got homework and dinner done, and here it is almost 8pm and my kids are in bed and I totally didn't call. I am so sorry Kelly! We LOVE you SO much and hope that you had a fantastic birthday!!

Love her singing too :)

Madsen Family said...

I love TWO! Will has been two now for two weeks and I just think his stage is the greatest. Their little personalities really shine through. And though I've never actually met Kelly, I feel like I know her and I think she is just a doll: so cute, so funny, so full of life. Happy B-day, Kelly!

Madsen Family said...

P.S. You look GREAT by the way. I think that everyone must feel self-conscious after having a baby, but you really shouldn't because you are always stunning. No lie!