Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We like...

...to sleep with a sleeping baby on our chests. Life's simplest pleasure, we're sure of it....to put on capes and swords in their sheaths and pretend to be any number of Book of Mormon heroes (or villains) - favorites are Ammon, Helaman, stripling warriors, Antipus, Ammoron, Nephi, Laban, Lehi. *This is mostly Max, but he enlists the little sister often*
...to pretend we're Biathlon Olympians. Please note the skis (Tyler's shoes) and the gun (a toy sword) and the gun "backpack" contraption thing (Tyler's old tie). Good thing for our imaginative Max that he has an equally imaginative Dad who helps him to come up with ways to make his Biathlon dreams come true.
...the Bink (or Binkyfier as we like to call it). Lovin' that he's lovin' it. Max and Kell have both learned the art of gently placing the bink in Everett's mouth, much to the delight of this momma who can delegate this task whilst making a meal or getting the house cleaned. Sometimes, though, I have to advocate for a content baby boy who would rather not have a binky shoved in his mouth at the moment, thank you!...to take all of the towels (a.k.a. snow) out of the cabinet and throw them on the ground so that we can fit in the cabinet and play on top the "snow" mountain. And when I say "we" I mean the little people around here. I love that they did it because it kept them entertained for the better part of an hour while I finished the reading for my Book of Mormon class next to my sleeping baby boy....this little dude. A lot. Hard to believe he's been with us just shy of three weeks - seems more like three months or so.
A little update on the little man: 8lbs 9oz at his appt. last Thursday - that's more than a pound in thirteen days, folks; has a strong neck that gets stronger every day; already has a good sleeping/eating/awake routine and gives me 4-6 hours between night feedings; efficient eater - I only nurse for about 15 minutes at the most, but obviously he's getting enough to eat; cord finally fell off - I love looking at his little belly button; has the cutest smiles - we can't wait until they're in response to our dazzling humor and happy faces.

5 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

Sounds like life is going good :) Love the pics!! Our kids are acting out the olympics too, lots of fun!! Love ya!!

Emily Youngdell said...

Such cute, cute kids! I'm glad to hear that things are going well with three kids. I wish so bad I could come and see you and your adorable family.

Shawna said...

Seems like everything is settling in well! Your new little guy is ADORABLE, and I love seeing all the cute games your other two come up with. Definitely good imaginations.

Madsen Family said...

Dana, I've been gone so have been unable to give you one big FAT congratulations. I see you've been handling it all with ease (as everyone knew you would) and that you somehow also managed to give birth NATURALLY. You never cease to amaze me. We're so very, very happy for you and your cute, cute family. Looking forward to many more pictures and antecdotes!

Monique said...

He is such a beautiful baby! Congratulations!