Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Full-Blown

I have a fun weekend to report - a certain Papa Dan made a trip to see his grand kids since Grammy got to come in March for the girl's weekend. I don't quite have the energy to stay up late enough to do that post...

For now I would like to report that Kelly is a full-blown walker! It is finally her first choice in transportation. We are thrilled. I was wondering when she was finally going to take the plunge and just go for it...I guess that day was May 2nd! I love seeing her little body walk into a room. I love when she carries something heavy along with her as she wobbily makes her way from one place to the next. I love that the knees of her jeans are going to get a break. I love that her hands aren't touching dirty floors all the time (not mine, of course, I mop them every day...psyche!) Our little lady isn't seeming as little these days. But oh, so adorable. Always adorable.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a cute picture! i love it! levi is still scooting around on his bum to get everywhere (he can crawl, just doesn't care to). i swear all his pants are ruined from it! so fun to see her walking!:)

Jana Banana said...

YaY for walking baby!!!! congrats!!

Madsen Family said...

love full-blown walking! nice work, kelly!

Beth said...

YAY for Kelly! I love those first couple months when everything is unsteady. I think mine walked with both arms above their head for a looong time to balance. Loved it. Can't believe she is already walking. . . . . she's a big girl!

Beth said...

YAY for Kelly! I love those first couple months when everything is unsteady. I think mine walked with both arms above their head for a looong time to balance. Loved it. Can't believe she is already walking. . . . . she's a big girl!

Mommy said...

So nice when they decide to walk and you don't have to carry them anymore! Congrats!

natemann said...

Happy birthday Maxwell a day late we didi think about you We were waiting for uncle nate to get home from school to call but our own bday celebration started and we lost track of time I hope your day was great love the Manns in Vegas

campblondie said...

I love that she is in midstep in that pic, she looks so big!

Kirsten said...

So cute! I love how they waddle/toddle and have their hands in fists up by their heads! So adorable! Xander is lovin walking too, and he runs as well, of which I am not quite as fond.

Eli has the same lawnmower I see Max playing with.

Cute kids my dear! When did they grow up? I was lookin thru some old pics and have some from when you guys visited and Eli and Max were itty bitty! What happened????

Love ya!

Shawna said...

That's such a cute photo. I think the walking phase is awesome. And yes, it is nice not to have such dirty pant knees anymore. She is so cute toddling around.

Matthew said...

Great pics. Looks like a swell time was had by all. We hope to make it up there soon rather than later.

My dad has big shoulders, no?