Saturday, February 23, 2008

I heart Saturdays!

Today has been the perfect Saturday! Max woke us up and we all just hung out in our bed for a while. Then we had breakfast and got a few things done around the house, got showered and hit the road for the park. It is SUCH a gorgeous day out today! The sun is shining, not a cloud in the sky and it's 56 degrees. Perfect! I love days like today when all of the colors seem so sharp and beautiful. We played on the swings and slides, kicked the soccer ball around a bit, shot some hoops, and ran fast through the grass (Max LOVES to run fast!) Onto Subway for lunch and then dropped Ty off to ref some basketball games. Right now Max is sleeping and I'm going to clean the floors and possibly do some rearranging in our bedroom. Then we'll pick Ty up around 4:00 and we have the whole evening ahead of us to enjoy each other. It's just one of those Saturdays, you know? Everything feels really happy and looks beautiful...there's something about today that seems extra great! I love having my husband home. I love our little family!

4 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

I love days like that! I am so jealous that it is so warm there. I can't wait for the weather to be in the 50's. (If only it would quit snowing here in Utah..) You guys are such a cute family!

Beth said...

Dana--it made me smile reading your post, because on days like you had today, you almost feel like you are going to burst because you are just SO happy. You look terrific----can't believe you are about to deliver!

Kirsten said...

What a glorious day! I am anxiously awaiting more warm, sunny days here! You really do look spectacular! I wish we could spend a few Saturdays together with our families!

Love you!

Kristen said...

Weird. You were pregnant yesterday and not today. CONGRATS!!!!