Friday, December 07, 2007

The Home Stretch!!!

Today marks 28 weeks and the beginning of my third trimester! Hooray! I am feeling really great these days. Kelly loves to move around, but it hasn't been uncomfortable. She's hanging out mostly on my right side and I often feel a shoulder or something poke way out right above my belly button. It's finally hit home, I think, that we are going to have two kids. I know, it's taken me a while...but the important thing is that I finally got there. I get super excited about meeting her all of the time. I can't wait to see what she looks like! Everyone says that if she's a girl version of Max then she's going to be really adorable and I couldn't agree more, although I have a definite mother bias. Sometimes I look at Max and think that he's really pretty. Don't tell him I said that. :) I've been feeling like her temperament is going to be different from Maxwell's, but we'll see. Not in a bad way, just different.

I got to see Max around a brand-new babe a lot over Thanksgiving (thanks, Monica Jayne!) and I was very comforted that he was super tender and just wanted to hug and kiss her a little too much. Tyler, of course, is going to be such a great dad this time around as well. He is so helpful to me and loves the thought of another babe. I hope that his bond with this little woman is like mine with my Daddy. I'm sure it will be since he's so involved.

Not too much longer before Kelly Anne makes her appearance! I hope this last trimester goes as fast as the first two. However, I don't think there's any stopping me when it comes to feeling "overdue" at 38 weeks. The other night we were talking about when she might come and Tyler said, "Well, there's really a 5 week window, right?" I realized that he was taking into account the possibility of going two weeks past my due date. I told him to NEVER say that to this pregnant lady! He can think it, but he'd better keep it to himself. The good thing is that this month is Christmas and then mid-January we'll be going to Provo for Ty's brother's wedding and Vegas for a few days...after that I'll just have a little over a month left (or less if this little girl really loves me :) ). What a miracle! I am so excited to be part of this all over again!
**Only look further if you are not offended by a bare pregnant belly...I thought today would be a good day to take pictures since I'm only going to get bigger from here! And I love the look of a bare pregnant belly. :)**

13 comments:

Emily Youngdell said...

So cute Dana!! I love the look of pregnant bellies though I have no desire to have one myself anytime soon. I can't believe that you are already 6 months along. Crazy! You look great! Love ya tons.

val said...

You look so cute! I have NO DOUBT Kelly Anne will be GORGEOUS!

Kirsten said...

Cute belly! I secretly think Max is pretty, too! He just is! It is those big eyes and rosy cheeks! I love seeing Eli around babies and other kids, too. He is so intrigued by them!

When are you guys going to Vegas? We are going to be there from Jan 14th to 17th. That would be awesome if we were there at the same time!

Love ya!

Marleen said...

What a cute belly. You look great for your second child. You have great pregnancy genes. I personally would never take a pic of my pregnant belly because of all the stretch marks. Lucky you.

The Nicks Family said...

I am so excited for you! She is going to be a beautiful little girl! I can't wait to meet her! You are such a cute pregnant woman, love the belly!! I am excited for January :) Love ya!!

janet said...

You look WAY too good to be 28 weeks.. and I totally agree with you on Max's beauty. He is a pretty-boy.

I am sure your little girl will be totally different than Max. Mine are all their own little people. Having your second is such an incredible feeling cause you wonder how you can love another as much as your first... and then you meet them and just know! I am getting so excited for you!

Tyler said...

Excuse me, but I have to speak.

I love my wife very much, but I have to take exception to my wife's comment (with which other's have concurred here) that Max is a "pretty boy".

He is a "cute" boy. He is a "funny" boy. He might even have "adorable" features.

He is not a "pretty" or "beautiful" boy! He is handsome and comely.

Thank you.

janet said...

Ty, I am sorry to tell you this, but you're wrong. Max definitely falls into the pretty boy category. He could totally cross-dress. Just try it.. put him in pink and see how people respond. Now, I have a couple of kids that could NEVER pull that off... they would make ugly girls. That doesn't mean he isn't handsome, though.

Dad said...

Max is a man's man. No way is shuold we think of him as cute or beautiful. He is chilseled like his Dad!!

Dad

Jamie Claire said...

You look faboulous! I did read about your turkey trot and all the fun you had to deal with afterwards. Oh these little ones on their way are a bundle already! Hope you are feeling great today!

Ann said...

Yep. Cute belly and very "comely" son. (so funny!)

I love the grey shirt you are wearing in the picture, too!

nickel... said...

What is going on with you!??? You just keep getting hotter the older and more pregnant you get??? You make the cutest mom and friend and blogger and I could go on and on. I'm a dana fan and I can't wait to see Kelly too!

Madsen Family said...

Yeah for us and the home stretch! You are such a cute pregnant lady. I think I am jealous for I am not nearly so cute. I think that your little Kelly will be so beautiful, just like her momma. And I am NOT getting into the Max is pretty debate (though I will say he is an attractive child; I'll just leave it at that). You just have good genes:)