Monday, December 17, 2007

Goddess

That's just what I am feeling like these days - a domestic goddess! Well, a little more than usual, anyway. This year I made all of our Christmas cards (don't get too excited about it, they are from Family Fun magazine and aren't all that amazing or hard to make) AND I made our Christmas stockings myself! On Saturday night I finished them all up and I couldn't be more proud. It's the good kind of pride, I'm sure of it.
Tyler's stocking

My stocking

Maxwell's stocking


Kelly's stocking


I did these babies all by hand and not with any kind of real "sewing stitch" since I don't know any. I just kind of made it up as I went along. But I think that they are quite sturdy and will stand the test of time. They all have fusible fleece inside of the nice lining that the pattern called for - I really had no idea what I was doing when I started out. Who the heck knows what fusible fleece even is and who knew that I would have to do a lining?! Not me, that's for sure. There are little imperfections, like some of the stockings have more of a square toe look, but that's what makes them special, right? Okay, be nice about them as you will hurt my swelling pride if you are not. :)

Now I'm off to make some sugar cookies for our Family Home Evening tonight. A few of our friends are coming over and we've each chosen a family to go carolling to. So I've got to make a plate of goodies for the family that we've chosen. Then we'll all come back to our house for hot cocoa and treats. See what I mean? So domestic!

11 comments:

Kirsten said...

Wow! You are quite the little homemaker! The stockings are beautiful and I think the square toe adds a little bit of edgy stocking fashion!! I think it is so cute that Kelly already has a stocking! However dearest, keep in mind that if you keep on overachieving at this level, you are definitely going to make the rest of us look bad!

I miss you and am sure bummed I am going to miss you guys in Vegas by mere days!

Madsen Family said...

Dana--I AM impressed with the domestic diva living inside of you! And to stitch all those stockings--you must have some mad skills. I must concur with your friend, though, that you mustn't make us all look bad......

Bonny said...

Dana- I am so proud of you!! The stockings are very pretty! And I can't wait to see your cute Christmas cards. You really have outdone yourself this year - way to go!!
Love ya lady! Looking forward to seeing you soon. :)

Kristen said...

You are my inspiration:) So crafty. I love that you use the word goddess.

The Nicks Family said...

I think you did a great job! Way to go!! Yes you are a goddess :) I am impressed. I hope you have fun caroling!!

nickel... said...

Woah! Those stockings are darling! I am really impressed! :) You are the cutest little wife and mom! It just comes so naturally to you! Anyone who is around you feels it! :) I love you! Merry Christmas!

Emily Youngdell said...

Beautiful stockings! I love the material you picked out.

campblondie said...

Good work m'lady! I made carmels yesterday and I was on domestic overload. I had to take a nap. The holidays just bring it out in us I guess.

Marleen said...

They look great! Those look like they could stand the test of time. Great job and by hand no less. You are inspirational. I love how they are hung too.

val said...

Whoa Dana...good work my friend. They are LOVELY! I'm so impressed.

Veeda said...

how awesome! I am so proud of you.