Thursday, July 05, 2007

Summer Lovin'!

It's been a fabulous summer. We just spent the last two weeks with our families in some really HOT places and had the best time! Here are a few highlights...

Waiting for the plane to land in Seattle so that we can board and get our vacation started!


*We spent one night in Vegas, then we drove to Iron Springs, AZ, for our reunion with the Foster Fam! It's the coolest place - so much fun for the kids and for the adults to act like kids! *

Conquering Flat Rock with the little ones!


Fun at the Iron Springs Playground

Hike to Humpty Dumpty Rock


The adult climb on the rock pile, sans kids. We conquered Flat Rock, Top Rock, Penny in the Slot, Fill the Tooth, Sunset Ledge and I'm sure some that I am forgetting. So adventurous!

Cousins!


*Then it was back to Vegas for time with the Mann Clan! Cousin fun, lots of swimming, visiting new places, baby showers, the twins blessings...so much going on.*


A stop at Hoover Dam


First night in Vegas - all ready for bed!


YMCA pool with all the boy cousins (well, except Wilson who is just 6 weeks old)


Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay with some cousins and aunts and uncles. Everyone loved it!


Max loved playing the piano - I'm sure the kid is a prodigy :)



Lots of swimming



First time bowling - we went with Ethan and Kate. They have these cool ramp things for little kids to bowl. Max beat us on the second game - a 102!

I know, kind of a weird picture of all of us...





The proud papa - Nate with Gentry and Wilson

Max loved playing with his cousin Jack

The ladies at Adri's baby shower (Adri is dilated to a 5 and in the hospital right now! Lily Renae will be coming to join the Mann Clan today!!! Good luck, Bugs. We love you!)

A great trip! We are always sad to leave. We feel so lucky to have family that we love to be around. We weren't sad, however, to come home to much cooler weather! It's in the 80's this week with the perfect amount of humidity. We live in SUCH a gorgeous place! It's nice to be home...

12 comments:

val said...

Looks like you guys had a blast with your family. And I'm so glad you guys didn't melt to death! Is this baby #2 for Adri? I'm so out of the loop with your fam. How many grandkids are there now? Love your red shirt in the pics and love your new do!

campblondie said...

Yeah! I am so glad it was a success. Looks like you had tons of fun. It is always good to get home isn't it?

Emily Youngdell said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Sounds like lots of fun! I love coming home after a trip, it's so nice. I missed your blogs!

Danalin said...

Val...
Yep! Baby #2 for Adri. She was just born - 6 lbs 22 inches long. We're up to 10 now with Lily and a few more on the way! We'll be 12 by next spring. Can you believe it?! Trips like these make me sad that Max is so far away from cousins.

Goose said...

Looks like quite the vacation. We had a great time seeing you guys. It is really hot here in Provo as well. It got up to 102 yesterday and I'm sure it is about the same today. Not quite like Vegas but pretty close.

Danalin said...

Correction, Lily is 6 lbs 11 oz and 20 1/2 inches. We got some bad information at first. :)

Miller Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love that you have a little Max too. Super cute family.

Elizabeth said...

Great pics! looks like you had a great vacation all together. We loved seeing you guys. Enjoy that cooler weather... and send some our way!

Veeda said...

how fun! This makes me want to take our family vacation right now!

Ann said...

Hey Dana! I'm so happy to hear from you! Guess what? I had actually already seen your blog, because I saw a link to it somewhere too... This blogging world is so funny! Anyway, I'm so happy that you are doing so well! Where in Washington do you live? Your sassy haircut looks great! I still have not found a good hair girl here in Florence. All the girls here specialize in old lady hair do's since there are mostly old ladies here. So my hair pretty much looks ugly all the time. Bummer. Anyway, I'll keep checking in with your family!

Emily Youngdell said...

Dana~
Just a random thought...remember when we were little and you always said that your middle name was Renae? Well now someone in your family actually has the middle name Renae. Ü

Danalin said...

Haha, Em! I do remember. I wanted a middle name SO bad. Do you remember how I would ask for one for my birthday? My mom's middle name is Ranae (I messed up on the previous spelling) and so I guess for a while that was the fictional middle name of choice. :) I wonder if my kids will be as strange in their childhood years?