Tuesday, July 10, 2007

...and another!

Many of you know already, but for those who don't....

Babe Foster #2 is on its way, with a pretty cool due date: 2/29/08! Hopefully that won't be the real date, since that would mean a birthday every 4 years or so. :)
We are so, so excited!
We got to see the tiny heart beating today and everything seems real now. I feel like I can finally be excited. I was a bit worried since our last pregnancy wasn't viable and I miscarried...but my doc says that I can breathe much easier now. Everything looks great! I have been reading back on my posts about my feelings before Max came and then just after. I cannot believe that I am really going to be blessed enough to do this again! I am so excited for everything that lies ahead - the first time I get to wear a maternity shirt and look pregnant (you know, the cute stage of pregnancy), feeling him or her move for the first time, Ty and Max being able to feel the movements...meeting another new life for whom I am responsible and who I love more than I ever thought I could....
Here's hoping this labor is like 1/4 of the time of my last labor! People usually think it's comforting to say that the second baby is a little less time and possibly even half the time of my first labor. Then I tell them just how long it was and all I get is silence or an "oh". But I am more than willing to go that distance everytime since I know how very, very worth it it is! I can endure anything for a few days. I have been pretty nauseated, all day, every day (whoever coined the phrase "morning sickness" is annoying to me! It's just pregnancy sickness. Maybe we should come up with a better name... I wish that it ended at 11:59 a.m. everyday :)) but I know that there are thousands of women who have a much harder go of it. I actually don't mind it so much since it lets me know that things are going well with the babe. As long as the baby is okay, I will go through whatever I need to to get him/her here!
We're going to have another baby!!!
I hope I can do this and do it well...

17 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness this is soooooo exciting. Everytime I dread pregnancy I think of you and how much you enjoyed it and it makes me look forward to it. Maybe not so much the all day sickness thing:) You are one amazing woman, who would do anything for her kids and husband. Keep us updated, and CONGRADULATIONS!

Emily Youngdell said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I know the nausea isn't exciting, but it's all part of the fun.Ü I am so happy for you guys, that is wonderful news. Love you!

Goose said...

What a mom. What a woman. That is all I can say about you. You are looking at things from a great and very brave perspective. I haven't felt all that good today and I was complaining to Kristen about it and then I read your blog and I say to myself...if only I could be more like Dana. Congrats and we will be praying for ya.

campblondie said...

YEAAHHH! Congratulations. That is so exciting. I need to call you. I love that you are pregnant again. How far apart will they be. I'm thinking like 18 months? I don't know. I just know I'm thrilled!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Dana, we are so happy for you and Tyler! Max and baby #2 are so lucky to have you both for parents. :)

val said...

I know I emailed and chatted with you about my excitement for your good news but I wanted to leave a comment too to say again, horray and congrats. We're so happy for the Fosters!

Danalin said...

Thanks, everybody! And, Kel, they will actually be almost 22 months apart. I'm sure Max will be potty trained, talking and totally independent by then. Just kidding! It was totally planned and we are thrilled! Kind of close, but it feels so right.

Wendi said...

Congrats lady!! This is such exciting news and I couldn't be happier for you & Ty. Looks like the number of pregnant Foster wives is back up to three, huh? Wow, we sure are a fruitful bunch! :-)

I found your words about your L&D experience to be inspiring and encouraging, especially now that I'm getting down to the wire (so to speak) with my own first baby. Thanks for posting, and keep the updates coming!

The Nicks Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Nicks Family said...

YAY for seeing the heartbeat! That is such an awesome thing! I am so excited for you and can't wait for you have another little one running around :) Congratulations again!! Love ya!

Bonny said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you!! What a lucky little baby to have such a wonderful mommy!! I can't wait to hear what you are having and the cute name you have chosen.
It was so great to see you and for Mya to finally meet little Max.
Love ya lady!!

Angie said...

Hey, Dana! I am sooo excited for you. So glad everything's going okay! You're such a great mom, I can't wait to see you with two little ones! Max and this new baby are sure lucky!

Angie said...

...And how cool is it that your due-date is 2/29/08! Regardless of when he or she makes the appearance, that's a cool little fact for the baby book!

Rappster said...

Congratulations you two!!!

The more the merrier!

Love
Ryan and Jess

Ann said...

Dana,

I like responding to peoples comments on their own page, so that they see them sooner...Anyway, thanks for the joke. It is kinda funny. I love it!
Congratulations on your second pregnancy! I hope you do feel better soon!
Feel free to add me to your link list and I'll do the same. It will be way easier!

nickel... said...

I have a feeling this post will end up with a hundred comments because everyone is so happy for you! But I am really happy for that little baby in your tummy! They picked a great mom and dad and brother!

I have always admired you dana! Mommyhood comes so naturally to you!

Congrats!
p.s. aren't you excited I'm blogging too now! :)

Veeda said...

Oh wow! congratulations!

I am a little late seeing this post, but this news is so wonderful.