Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Sass is Back!

Two and a half years ago I married a wonderful man and moved away from the one woman that I completely trusted with my hair - my sister-in-law, Jennifer Mann. I'd been a highlighted redhead for a long time, but decided to go back to brown so that I could maintain the color while we lived cross-country. I tried a haircut at a salon in New York and was sorely disappointed. So I would wait until I went to Vegas for a visit.
Then we moved to Washington. I found another Jennifer who became one of my good friends and who happens to cut hair and happens to have a salon in her home, which happens to be just 4 houses up from mine! I tried her out with a cut and was really happy with the results...
(good thing since my wonderful sister-in-law who already had two little ones had twins last month and there is NO way that I am asking her to do my hair on this or any subsequent visits, as she already has enough to do with her time!)

Recently I have felt a little sass absent from my life...I decided it was time to add some color! Yesterday that's just what we did. Oh, and a really great cut that I also love!

*Mind you, this is "second day" hair, so it looked even better yesterday and will again tomorrow. :) I'm definitely feeling the sass comin' back!*

A few bonus pictures of a baby shower I had for a friend in the ward last night - lots of fun and food! The pictures just don't do justice to the good times we had... I love my friends!

Stephanie, Tristalene, Charla (the woman of the hour) and Me!


The one on the right (below) is Max's adopted grandma, Ilona Rought. We love this lady! And on the left is my good friend, Tristalene, and her babe, Cooper.


8 comments:

Dad said...

Dana,
We all love your new do! The color looks just like when we first met you when you walked into Leatherby's in Provo about 11 pm one night! You were and are beautiful!
See you in less than a week.

Love Mom (yes, this is Mom, not Dad)

Emily Youngdell said...

Danalin~
I love your hair! Whoever said blondes have more fun was sorely mistaken. Redheads definitely have more fun. Ü I still remember the first time we dyed your hair red,back when we were 14!! You look beautiful. I love getting a new haircut it always makes you feel better. (unless it's a bad haircut than you cry for 2 weeks. Been there, done that.) Love you woman!
Love~
Em

Bonny said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!! I always feel like a new woman when I get my hair done. And finding someone you can really trust is high priority!!
Can't wait to see you when your here in Vegas.
Love ya woman!!
Bonny

campblondie said...

Nice locks lady. It does feel great to have hair you can be proud of.

rachel said...

I am loving your new do! I think you look totally sassy. It always feels so great to get a new hair cut. I am jealous. You are making me want to cut mine. love the color.

janet said...

Very impressive! You've always looked good with a short cut.. and I love the red. Can't wait to see it in person!

Veeda said...

your hair looks great. You always have been a little jazzy! Oh, and sassy too.

The Nicks Family said...

I Love your hair!! I can't wait for you to come back to Vegas so we can see it and get to spend time with you!! I am so excited! Love You!!
Love,
Beha :)