Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

27 years young!
Really, these late-20's birthdays all feel the same. Now, if I was in my 30th year then I would be feeling OLD, worn-out, overwhelmed by my years...
*Just kidding, that was a jab at Tyler whose 30th birthday we'll be celebrating 6 months from today. No offense to any of you who are 30 and beyond!*

A fabulous day and a half of celebrations, if I do say so myself! We started Monday evening. Tyler came home from work and sent me upstairs...when he allowed me to come down, the house was all decorated and there were a bunch of wrapped presents on top of the TV. We had my birthday dinner and then our friends, the Kellys, came over for strawberry shortcake (I'm not a cake woman). I opened one present - a really cool, high-tech label maker. I love organization! Thoughtful present from my fabulous husband.


On my actual day of birth, Max and I hung out in the morning and I decided to pull weeds out front. It was nice and relaxing. I really like pulling weeds. My friend Jennifer had organized a nice lunch at her house with about 6 of our friends, so Max and I headed over there at 1:00. Very yummy food and even better company! I forgot to take pictures, though.

I received some GREAT presents from the men in my life. Earrings, a frame for our new family picture (with the receipt attached because Tyler didn't think I would like it, but couldn't find anything else and so he knew I would want to take it back :) ), a gift card to do some shopping, some really cute cards - 'Thank You' and blank...and the present I am super excited about - a kayaking class and tour around Liberty Bay! We have been talking about going kayaking and Ty figured that this would be a great way for us to learn some basics and get a feel for it. So he and I will be doing that on July 7th! I am VERY excited!!!
Thanks to my ever-thoughtful, sweet, amazing husband and adorable son! I love you guys.
That evening I was going to go to a Young Womens activity, but I was told many times to take the night off and finally decided that's what I would do. So instead we went to Waterfront Park as a family. It was a beautiful evening - no jackets necessary! *Oh, and Max's little birthday trick for me was standing up from a sitting position - way to go, bud! He's walking like a champ, but if he falls or sits down then he usually crawls over to something to pull himself up. Not last night. He was on his bottom, then he positioned his feet beneath him and stood up. We all cheered, including Max. Fun moment!* Then while Tyler was getting Max ready for bed I went and did a little shopping. Perfect day. I love birthdays!

9 comments:

Goose said...

Happy B-day Dana. I can't even imagine where I will be when I turn 27. I mean that is so far away. Just joking, 27 isn't that old. It's only half of 54, but twice as much as 13 and a half. Live it up, you only turn 27 once!!!

campblondie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Dana dear happy days will come to you all year, if I had one wish then it would be.......................
a happy happy birthday to you from me.
(Thanks to group vocal instruction I was able to hold the be for an obnoxious amount of time.)
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

val said...

Oh Dana I'm a day late....dang! It looks like your special day was successful. Yeah for great husbands, family and friends huh? Wish I could have been there and attended your birthday lunch with friends...oh that would have been so fun. Really hope I get to see you soon. Love you lady.

Veeda said...

Happy late birthday! You are so amazingly cute. And man, Dana. Twenty-seven? Ancient!

Wendi said...

Happy belated, Dana -- 27 seems like such a long time ago to this old lady of 36, but ach, it's all relative. Enjoy yourself!

rachel said...

Happy Birthday. It sounds like you had a fun Day. I am jealous of your label maker how cool. Birthdays I think are the best cause you always get some kind of treat to eat. That awesome that your husband did so much for you. He sounds like a great guy.

Angie said...

So fun! I love the pics and I'm so glad you had a fun birthday. You definitely deserve it!

I got one of those label makers for Christmas and I love it, too. Happy labeling...

Mark said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was a good one . . .

I'm impressed by Max's birthday trick. I remember when Joy started doing that. It's actually quite amazing--just try standing up from a seated position on the floor without using your hands. Impossible . . . unless your name is Maxwell.

Bonny said...

Happy birthday Dana!! So, I'm a week and a half late for wishing you a happy birthday - oops!!
When are you coming to Vegas? We have to get together this time!!
Love ya lady!!