Sunday, November 24, 2013

Deception Pass is Rad

We did the coolest camping trip as a fam.  Drove onto the ferry and headed ourselves over to Deception Pass on Whidbey Island.  It was incredibly gorgeous.  It's among my favorites for beauty in Washington.  The campsite was great, we spent time at the water as the sun was setting, and again the next day when we discovered someone had set up some logs as natural teeter-totters. Camping is magical.  Even when you have a 1-year-old who's never met a rock he doesn't want to eat.  I wish we had more time for camping....

Memorable: We started walking to the water and I had to run back to our campsite for something so everyone went ahead.  I was walking down the road and came around the corner to see....Ev's booty!  Brother had dropped trou and was peeing on a log right by the road, right behind the bathrooms.  I laughed out loud...then told him he shouldn't drop his pants like that when there's a bathroom so handy.




























1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

Dana, I've been slowly reading your updates and just savoring them. You are such a good mama and woman. I love your cute family though I haven't met most of them:) And this campsite looks dreamy. Just a question: do you get mosquitoes in Western WA with all that moisture??? Camping here is SO hard because the bugs are atrocious! Just wondering. Anyway, keep up the posts. I love 'em!