Friday, September 28, 2012

Max's Fun Run {For Fun}

I took the kids on a run with me at the junior high track this summer.  Everett and Tucker were in the jogging stroller and Max and Kelly were run/walking beside me on the way there.  I was telling them that I needed to run to get ready for the races I'd signed up for.  Max said, "I should make a race for kids."  I thought, and said, "That's a GREAT idea!"  We talked about it off and on for the next few weeks and I decided that we should make some concrete plans.  So he came up with a name for the race, we set a time and date, sent an evite to a bunch of friends, and planned what treats we would make.  We went to the dollar store and bought bags of medals and poster board for a sign.  The RSVP's started rolling in and it looked like we were going to have a good turnout!

The day before the race we decorated the sign and made the treats (peanut butter no-bake cookies and white chocolate fruit loop clusters, which weren't the brightest idea since chocolate melts, but whatevs).  Race morning Max was beyond thrilled. Except that he had watched some football the night before and wondered if we could start off the fun run with a football game.  I told him we could maybe end with one, but that people were coming to run.

Oh, it was SO fun!  It was one of those heart's-about-to-burst-mom-moments.  I was proud of Max for wanting to do it and for planning it (with a little help from me).  I was - and am - so thankful for good friends who supported this.  It was so fun and funny and cute and rewarding.  I was so proud of all of those little legs, some of whom really worked hard and stretched themselves to do the mile.

What a great day.  What a great kid I get to raise.  What great friends.  What a great life.  I am blessed.  And thankful.






{be sure to read Max's little note he attached to the evite...it's funny :) }


MAX'S FUN RUN {FOR FUN}
·         Host:
Max Foster
·         360-204-4328
·         When:
Friday, September 28 at 1:18 PM
·         Where:
Ridgetop Jr. High TrackJust behind the school,Silverdale 98383


1-Mile Run and Kid's Dashes!

Bring your little brothers and sisters if you have some. All the medals are gold and the treats will be yummy; I promise.  No black licorice.

{Please RSVP to my mom's e-mail tyanddana@gmail.com if your kid will be running and if they will run the 1-mile or one of the Kid's Dashes}

Have fun at the run!

2 comments:

Betsy B. said...

It was such a fun time! The boys still talk about how far they ran. Tell Max we hope it's an annual tradition!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! This is the cutest thing ever!