Friday, September 28, 2012

Make Your Own Pizzas & Backyard Camping

Another Bucket List check-off!  Pizzas were alright.  The kids loved making them and that's what matters. After dinner we headed to the school to play for a bit. Backyard camping started out cute and got really COLD.  I totally laughed; in the middle of the night Tyler went inside and came back out with, like, 4 layers on and every.single.blanket in the house.  I wondered what the heck we were doing...but we were making memories, darn it! :)  We were on an air mattress and that's why we were chilly.  The kids were all in their cozy sleeping bags and slept great.  Oh, except for Max who slid out of his and woke up freezing.  So I put him under the twenty blankets next to me at some point.  Tucker was inside in his crib and when I got up to feed him in the wee hours of the morning, it was hard not to just climb into my warm bed.  But I wanted to be in the tent when everyone woke up...that's one of my favorite things about camping - falling asleep and waking up together.

Favorite memories: 

  • Coming outside after putting Tucker to sleep...the tent door was unzipped just enough so that I could see our three older kids in their dad's arms, reading a story together.  Warmed my heart.
  • Staying up, reading a lot of stories with the older two after Ev had crashed.
  • Looking at the stars together (we didn't put on the rain fly so that we could star gaze)
  • Pulling Max's cold little body into bed with me and snuggling with him to warm him up.  I don't get to snuggle my not-so-little boy as much these days.







No comments: