Friday, June 22, 2012

Isn't it great? He's a graduate!

Maxwell Tyler, my firstborn, is moving on to the first grade.  I thought Kindergarten just started, like, last month.  But here we are at the end of June, saying goodbye to a fabulous Kindergarten teacher and half-days.  Next year will be a new (hopefully as wonderful) teacher and full days complete with lunches.  Max has learned so much this year!  He is a very proficient reader, does well in math, and improved in writing.  He also had the opportunity to sketch many ninjas and superheroes in his daily journal. :)  All very important for his future success.

We end the year with less teeth in his mouth, but more knowledge in his brain.  So proud of you, bud!  I'm lucky to be your momma.

First Day







Last Day (same shirt on purpose...fits about the same on my little guy)




Kindergarten Graduation







And I loved what he said in his card to his teacher, Mrs. Warrington....
"You've been a great teacher.  You've been so soft with the other kids and also me.  I love you.  I hope you got to meet Tucker.  He's a really, really cute baby.  Love, Max"

Mrs. Warrington was the PERFECT teacher for Max.  I am so grateful that she got his school years off to such a good start. On our trip home from Colorado last month I told Max how many days he had left of school and he started SOBBING when he realized that he was going to have to say goodbye to Mrs. Warrington.  He loves her and so do I.  Thank you, Mrs. Warrington, for being such a fabulous teacher!


1 comment:

Veeda said...

hooray! I didn't realize our firsts are the same age. Seriously, when did our babies get so big!?