Thursday, May 03, 2012

Kelly Anne

I love my daughter.  SO much.  In this houseful of boys it is nice having another lady around.  And it is fabulous that she is SUCH a lady.  All girl, that one.

Recently she had her 4-year check-up.  I loved being at the doctor's with her and seeing her interact with the nurse and doctor.  She is growing up fast.  She loved all of the tests and being checked out.  I love the smile she uses for situations like that - kind of a shy, but proud of herself kind of smile.  She handled the news that several shots would be involved with a steely resolve.  No tears for the first three shots, but the last one was a doozy (the nurse said that's the one that really stings and so he saves it for last).  I hate seeing my kids cry and in pain, but I'm grateful to be the mom who can comfort them.  As a reward we stocked up on princess stickers from the doctor's office.  The therapeutic nature of princess stickers cannot be underestimated.
Sometimes her dramatic nature can be frustrating, but most of the time I think it's really cute (even when it makes me roll my eyes...I am usually rolling them with a smile on my face.)  We came home and she insisted that she could not walk because of the shots on her legs.  She lay on the couch, requesting me to retrieve various things for her.  I even had to carry her to the bathroom.  I secretly love it.  I love her with all of my heart.  What a lucky mom I am!
Stats from the doc:
Weight - 35 lbs (50%)
Height - 39.75 in (50%)
Perfect vision and hearing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like she inherited all of my Genes. :]

Anonymous said...

Oh, cute dress Miss Kelly, Just saying :] :]

KarliJay said...

Kelly is adorable. I can't wait to have a little girl someday. All those boys in that house are lucky to have little Kelly around. Keep having more kids Danalin, she needs a sister! (:

Auntie Elaine said...

The Foster girls are BOTH darling!!