Thursday, May 10, 2012

6...say wha?!

...this sweet boy made me a mother 6 years ago yesterday. 





The night before his birthday I was decorating the family room for him and I suddenly had some very vivid memories of watching him learn to crawl and then walk in that room; playing together on the floor; building blocks with his dad; opening presents on past birthdays.  Of course I got a tad teary-eyed.








But this birthday hasn't made me wishing for him to stay small like other birthdays have.  I'm not sure why.  I think it's because I have seen so much growth in him this past year and I am excited to see what the future holds for my firstborn.  Annnnd, he IS just 6 years old which means that I have many years left with him near and dear to me. :)

Maxwell T is smart, funny, creative, odd, theatrical, emotional, sensitive, thoughtful, and inquisitive.  I can think of stories to illustrate WHY he is each of those things...and I think I've blogged about most of them.   









 He has been having a tough/emotional time lately and we are working on how to handle it and help him to react differently.  There has been lots of no friend time...and I actually think he likes that on some level.  I can always tell when we are doing too much or have a lot going on by how Max is reacting.  And then a day or two of just family and hanging around the house is generally the cure.




I love having my little bud around the house. I thought Kindergarten was killer, how in the world am I going to send him to school ALL day next year?!  



 Max to the Max, we love you more than we can say.  You brighten a room with your smile, personality, imagination, and dancing.  Boy, do you know how to shake those skinny hips!  I am so glad you came to our family and that we get to continue the relationship that began before we came here to earth.  Thank you for your patience as we figure out this parenting business.  Thank you for being the best snuggler and loving each of us so completely.  Dad and I couldn't ask for a better son and Kelly, Everett and Tucker are super lucky to have you as their built-in friend and example.  I LOVE WHO YOU ARE, little man of mine.  Every bit of you.  And I am excited to see who you become. Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

**Birthday photo shoot in his new army shirt.  I love this bizarre little man.** 






2 comments:

KarliJay said...

Max is so adorable. It makes me excited that I have a little boy. Happy Birthday Max!!

Betsy B. said...

What a great post about such a wonderful boy. The kids loved seeing all his pictures.