Thursday, February 16, 2012

Go Cougs!

This is out of order, but oh well.  The first weekend in February we drove to Portland to see the BYU Cougars play some ball.  It's about a 3-hour drive and it was a very fun little trip!  We ate at a BBQ joint called Podnah's that was on Diners, Dives and Drive-In's (is that what it's called?) at the suggestion of our friend Dave Lewis who also made the trip with his boys and another friend.  The food was delish!

We got to the Chiles Center with enough time to see the players warm-up, so Ty took the kids down to see the action up-close (see the back of the head of the guy in the gray shirt in the pictures?)  Max was especially excited about all of this!  We all wore Cougar gear and/or Cougar colors.  I squeezed my pregnant self into my one and only BYU shirt.  I almost didn't because I thought it looked ridiculous, but Ty convinced me I looked super cute and sometimes when he says that I believe him. :)

We danced - ate some popcorn and other snacks - almost overheated because we were up high and it got HOT for the big pregnant momma (just look at my flushed cheeks in the pictures below) - gave some of the players a high-five when they were coming back in for the second half because we realized we were standing right where they'd be coming in, so we stayed put until they closed off the area - and cheered the Cougs on to victory!  It was really fun to be there for a game.

















 


 
 

 
 

The ride home was late and we were T-I-R-E-D.  My hubs who rarely needs a reprieve finally asked me to take over and, luckily, I'd gotten my second wind so we made it home in one piece.  Phew.

No comments: