Thursday, December 29, 2011

Anniversary Perfection

A few months ago one of our favorite babysitters (and friend) told me that for Christmas she wanted to babysit our kids for two nights so that Tyler and I could get away.  When you don't live near family, that is the BEST Christmas gift anyone could ever give.  We've paid for a babysitter overnight before, but never two nights.  We were super grateful and excited to take her up on it!

7 1/2 years ago I thought that people who got married on a weekday were not very thoughtful to the friends and family who would want to be there for the big day.  7 years ago I married Tyler for Time and All Eternity in the Las Vegas LDS Temple...3 days after Christmas...on a Tuesday. :)  So this gift was perfect timing for an anniversary getaway.  PLUS Tyler is off of work the week between Christmas and New Years.  The stars were aligned.

We got a great deal on a nice bed and breakfast called the Camano Island Inn, a couple of hours away.  So on Tuesday we went to the Seattle Temple for a session and then drove to Camano Island.  It was THE PERFECT anniversary trip.  No agenda, spotty internet, jacuzzi in the room, right on the water, just me and my man with not a lot to do...it was heaven.

We had a delicious breakfast, exchanged gifts, took our time getting ready, walked on the beach, drove around the island, had lunch in a nearby town, stopped at a cute antique shop, read all of the e-mails we sent to each other during our courtship, looked at wedding pictures, Ty did a reflexology session (the deal came with a spa credit and most of what they offered wasn't great for a pregnant lady, so I made Ty go instead...it was his first time doing anything like that and I giggled a lot while he was gone because of how uncomfortable he was about the whole thing, but he ended up enjoying it :) ).  Then we got all dressed up to walk 50 feet to have dinner.  Oh, did we ever have dinner.  It took us two hours to eat the 7-course gourmet goodness that just kept coming.  It was incredible.  I wanted Chef Nick to come home with us, but Tyler and I both agreed that Mr. Gourmet might not be appreciated by our three little ones and he probably wouldn't like what we could pay him ($0).  It was a good thing we only had to walk 50 feet back to our room after that dinner because I couldn't have walked more than that.  I was s-t-u-f-f-e-d...in the best possible way.  We watched a movie and got to sleep in the heavenly bed once again before heading home to our kids this morning.  Jessica had everything so clean and the kids were happy while we were gone, but super happy to have us walk in the door again.  We are ever so grateful!



 



 We actually had time to take naps!  Oh man, I love him...
View from our room


A little post-fancy-pants-dinner-self-photo-shoot in the room?  Don't mind if we do.  Who else is going to take our anniversary getaway pictures?  Our budget for a personal photographer is the same as our budget for a personal chef.




 On the ferry, heading back to reality

I love my husband.  Like, really, really, really love him.  I am as excited to be married to him today as I was 7 years ago...actually, even more now.  But the excitement and happiness and love run so much deeper 7 years in.  I am a lucky lady and I absolutely know it.  This little getaway was, in a word, perfection.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm glad the getaway was perfect,cause you two are just that. Russ couldn't resist and had to stop by and check on the kids and make sure all was well as it was. I am so glad you had a good time and wish you many more perfect getaways.
p.s. Karli loved your baby gift..perfect:)

Betsy B. said...

Happy happy Anniversary!!