Saturday, January 29, 2011

ONE delightful dude


Last night I put Everett D to bed. Usually I can lay him in his crib and he goes to sleep, but last night he cried and so I rocked and sang to him again. This time he fell asleep on my chest. Oh, just what this momma needed on the eve of her babe's first birthday. I sat there with him in my arms for a very long time, thinking about...

the days leading up to his birth, especially the FIVE after his due date, and how it didn't matter that he was "late" once he was here;
the labor and delivery and how beautiful it was, how the doctor and nurses were so respectful of me doing things naturally even though they were worried (and rightfully so because the cord was wrapped a whopping 4 times around his little neck) but I was oblivious and able to focus; the first time I held him and the first time I introduced him to his very excited older brother and sister;
how he so easily has fit into our little family and how much joy he brings to each of us, we all have our own little relationship with him;







how he really is such a delightful little man (though babysitters might beg to differ since he prefers family).


Some of my favorite things about this little lover: he does face dives when he's really happy or excited (for example, when I walk in the room and smile at him, he'll smile huge and do a little squeal, then put his face down either on the carpet or the couch :) );

he already loves to wrestle but cries if he's watching and thinks someone is not enjoying it;
his kissable cheeks;
his smile;


his big, open mouth, slobbery kisses and that when I tell the kids after stories at night to give me hugs and kisses, he'll drop what he's doing and come to kiss me;

It seems he's been prepping for the big birthday because just this week he started REALLYwalking everywhere, he's gone down to one nap instead of two, and he's starting to pick up on baby signs (he did his first sign with Ty tonight - eat - no surprise, boy can chow down!)

Oh man, Everett Daniel Foster, I am even more in love today than I was a year ago...and that's saying a lot because the love was flowing freely on the day you were born. We are lucky to have you! Happy Birthday, little dude!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

What a lovely tribute to such a darling little boy! Your family is adorable and Everett adds to that cuteness! Happy Birthday, sweet, little guy (by the way, I have the inside scoop, your babysitters really love you too!)

Kristen said...

He is a cutie. I love his smile. Oh I wish we could be your babysitters. We love you guys.

Unknown said...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY Eve! I love your cute smile!