Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Bizzaro

So yesterday we went grocery shopping. Ty and I split up to get it done quicker - he had Max and Kelly and I had Everett. I was filling up our cart with yogurt (Tillamook yogurt to be precise because I'm a big Tillamook fan.) I had just grabbed a few and turned to put them in my cart when a young couple walks past. Both of them are looking at me funny and the girl is kind of snickering. I got a few more yogurts, glanced up and saw her snickering at me again. Ummm...do I have something on my booty? Chances of sitting in something the kids left on the seat of the car are pretty good, so maybe. (Please note that I didn't care enough about that thought to actually check, just had the thought and went about my business.)

I saw them a few more times in the store and got the same looks and snickers from the girl. Weird. Tyler and I ended up switching carts at one point and checking out separately...it was all about the speed.

Well, we got home, did Family Home Evening and put the kids to bed. We came down and started putting groceries away. Amongst the groceries was a lone Yoplait yogurt. I asked Ty if he'd picked it up and he said, "No. I was wondering about that when I was checking out." So odd. Everett was with me getting the yogurt, so I knew it wasn't the "help" of little hands. I stood there for a second, wondering how it had landed in my cart.

Suddenly it came together...the young couple snickering at me while I was getting yogurt...a single yogurt I hadn't even touched in the store making its way into my cart and home...they put a yogurt in my cart! I don't have any proof, but I'm totally convinced that's what happened. Bizzaro, right?! Who does that? Good thing it only put me back 59 cents. Bizzare. And kind of funny.

6 comments:

Jennifer Gibson said...

Wish I were there to take the Yoplait off your hands. That's MY favorite! (And it's only 53 cents at the military store here in Spain. A perk of being overseas???) :)

Russell Kent said...

That's lame. They should have put in something more daring, like a tub of beef tallow, or a jar of smoked oysters, or perhaps a ginseng root. But I suppose Tyler wouldn't have let that go by.

The Nicks Family said...

Okay I have to admit I laughed that someone would do that! Better that than something that costs more :) Definitely weird, lol!

The Smitleys said...

That is weird! I've never heard of that, that's def a new one. Will have to try that on someone. J/k.

janet said...

Totally funny. I hope it was their first date.

Shawna said...

Very random, but pretty funny.