Saturday, November 06, 2010

Baby Steps...


Everett D was a little early to the crawling game compared to my other kids; he was a full-fledged crawler just shy of 7 months. So it shouldn't have surprised me that he took some steps today...but it did! Ty steadied him a few feet away from me and he took 3 somewhat clumsy steps into my arms. I absolutely love those parenting moments!
Lately when we try to sit Everett on his bottom, he'll stiffen his legs because the boy wants to either stand or walk while holding our fingers. A few weeks ago I was reading stories before bed to the kids and Ev was playing by my legs. At one point I glanced over and he was standing there, unassisted. It was one of those double-take moments where it seemed normal at first until I realized that he'd never done that before and by the time I got excited about it and wanted to celebrate with him, he'd fallen down and was moving on to another equally important activity (i.e. shoving a toy into his mouth.)
I don't think this means that full-fledged walking is right around the corner - he's still pretty unstable - but what do I know?! I also didn't think when I woke up this morning that my boy would WALK into my arms. I just take things as they come around here. I'm totally smitten with this little man.

Oh! And he also successfully took his first bottle tonight! From ME, no less. Hooray for that. I might be able to go to the temple before long. (It's a 6-hour gig from where we live...not just the drive, but the whole sha-bang)

2 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

He sounds so much like Haden who started running at 10 months. He basically skipped the clumsy walking, lol! He is adorable!!!

LV said...

Danalin, what a handsome little boy. You must know that I am a regular reader of your fabulous blog, I just don't leave too many comments:) I'm so happy you and your family are doing so well. Your little guys are too cute! LOVE those eyes. From my short stay as your 24 hour roomate for a few months I think I would prefer home over primary too:) Lots of love, Lyndi