Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Absolute Love of My Life....

Turns 32 today!!!

I am so blessed. I can't say 'lucky' because luck had little to do with it. Heavenly Father very specifically brought Tyler Michael Foster into my life just over 5 years ago. He is my perfect match and very best friend. Today we celebrate his life and glory in the fact that this amazing man came into the world. He rocks our world and simply rocks in general. Happiest of Birthdays, man of mine!
Today the kiddos won't get to give him birthday kisses or hugs because he has class and won't be home until after they're in bed...but we have managed to have QUITE a weekend. It started on Friday when I took him out under the guise of a birthday dinner date. We did go to dinner, but ended up at Springridge Gardens Bed and Breakfast. I'm so sneaky. :) We had a perfect night's stay and a really relaxing morning there, then came back to some very cute kids.

Just after we got home, Max and Kelly gave their dad the cards we'd made . They each had $5.00 they'd been given from Tutu for Halloween, so we decided to put it to good use. Kelly's card invited Dad on an ice cream date after lunch (her treat).
Max's invite was to go on a movie date that afternoon (popcorn was on him). I thought that since his time has been so limited with all of us since school started, one-on-one dates would be the very best gift. We each got him all to ourselves. Heaven.
Umm...can we talk about the fact that my little boy has a jawline?! Where did the babe chubs go?
We dragged out the celebration through Sunday. We had a yummy breakfast, gave him his gifts, had his birthday dinner, cake and ice cream (chocolate cake, frosting and ice cream - SO much chocolate per his request!)...man, we love this guy! Happy, Happy Birthday, Tyler Michael!!! We are so lucky to belong to you.

6 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Happy B-day, Tyler. Man, I want that b-day: ice cream dates with darling girls, movies with cute little boys and chocolate, chocolate and MORE chocoate! What could be better?

Beth said...

WOW!!-what a fun, fun weekend! Adorable! And, I NEED to email you----I am totally in for the run, if you are still looking for runners! I will email, and we can talk about the details! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Beth said...

WOW!!-what a fun, fun weekend! Adorable! And, I NEED to email you----I am totally in for the run, if you are still looking for runners! I will email, and we can talk about the details! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Beth said...

whoops sorry!! I just keep commenting! I must've pressed it twice, because the computer was slow. Maybe I should just continue the comments. . . .

Tyler said...

Believe it or not, $5 wasn't enough to cover even the smallest popcorn at the movies. I had to fork over an additional $0.50 to complete the transaction. That popcorn was like a quarter per bite. Oh, well, the company was good.

janet said...

love this post.. you guys are so good at celebrating. I think the daddy dates is an awesome idea. We must copy you.

oh yeah... popcorn at the movies is such a rip off, but it's a must have.

Happy Birthday Ty. Thanks for treating my bestie like a queen!