Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Livin' and Lovin' Life

Nothing super exciting to report, just pictures of the cute people I get to hang out with everyday.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I wish you could see the super thick layer of yogurt caked on this little girl's *thankfully huge* bib. I don't know how much actually made it into her mouth. I think the spoon landed on the floor at some point, but I hadn't noticed. It therefore became a task for the fingers to get the yogurt to her mouth. Much less effective, but no less enjoyable.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
We have been SO enjoying our strawberry harvest this summer! Every couple of days Ty and Max pick a bowl full of perfectly ripe strawberries for us to inhale. You heard me - inhale. They don't last very long. We have shared a little with some neighbors, but mostly we keep them to ourselves. There are few things in life as tasty as a perfectly ripe strawberry from your own garden. Yum.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're looking for a stylish hat to wear this summer, you need look no further than your sister's closet. Turns out, little sister's swimsuits make for some great head wear...----------------------------------------------------------------
I finally did something with Kelly's hair! I have been a little afraid for a few reasons: 1.) she runs even when I try to put a clip in her hair; I never imagined I could get her to sit still for much else 2.) I have no idea what I'm doing. But I tried pigtails and I'm in love. I get to see more of her cute face and she doesn't have hair going every which way all day long. Here are the results:






-------------------------------------------------------
In other news that doesn't have an accompanying picture....
  • Max has started to just go in and go potty all on his own! As in, while he's playing he just leaves his toys, goes into the bathroom, does all of the business on his own and comes out to resume play, pants and underwear up. No major announcement ahead of time like I was used to *"Mom, I need to go potty!" "Okay, go in and go, Max!"*, just a boy doin' his business independent of me. I love it! He does come out and yell, "Surprise!" every single time. I love that too.
  • Ty is workin' it for the Husband of the Year award. Last night was one of those nights where I just couldn't pull myself out of a funky mood. I was irritable. So after dinner Ty pushed me out the door and I was gone for a few hours. Nice. I came home and the kids were all ready for bed. Max told me they had a surprise for me but he couldn't tell me what it was, he just wanted me to come upstairs. As we were walking upstairs Max was saying, "Just come in...and relax...just relax...the bathroom's beautiful, Mom!" I was lead into my bathroom where a bath was drawn, candles were lit, relaxing music was playing, a small bowl of strawberries, some reading material and a homemade card from my little family were on the side of the tub. I kissed my kids and, of course, my incredible husband and then slipped into that magical, 'beautiful' bathroom while Ty put the kids to bed. I know it's early to predict a winner since it's only July, but I'm already putting my money on Tyler Foster for Husband of the Year!

4 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

I LOVE Kelly's hair in pigtails, way too cute! One day maybe I will be able to do that with Delaney's :) Max that is one awesome hat, love it! If I liked strawberrys I would be jealous, but you can keep those. YAY for going on the potty all by yourself Max, maybe you can teach Cole when you come! Love ya!!!

Monique said...

Ty is putting all the others to shame! If he doesn't win I don't know who will. Kelly is looking like a big girl in those cute pigtails.

janet said...

love the everyday pictures. it makes me feel like we're kind of neighbors. except I don't get to benefit from your homegrown strawberries! Yum!

love the pigtails. i am so jealous! and the bubble bath and card-- what a husband. He has my vote for sexiest man of the year!

supermanns said...

just a bit of info...Nate won months ago!!!