Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer Rocks!

I love summer! Isn't there just something about summer that makes the days seem extra happy?! I love that we are having warm (but not TOO warm, my Vegas Family and friends, feel free to come visit), sunny days where it's best to be outside. We're having lots of simple fun this summer (picnic outside, otter pops...errr, Hawaiian Punch pops which are way better, runs around the track combined with Max running like a mad man after a football or soccer ball, and a nap in the swimming pool)...here are some pictures to document the outdoor and indoor fun that we're having.
*Actually, first you really need to watch this video. It's not super long, but you do have to be a little patient to get to the really good part. It will so be worth it - your day will be a little brighter. Kelly laughs when Tyler or I tickle her, but Max has been the only one to elicit a spontaneous laugh just by doing something she finds funny. Okay, now you can watch...*



Some pictures of my beauty during our front-yard picnic yesterday...
Oh my!


Like any anal mother, I made Max take off his shirt to eat cherries during our picnic. Like any adorable two-year-old, Max loved it! The picture to the left was taken after Max said, "Mom, take a picture of my back" and the picture to the right is him turning around to make sure that I got the picture of his back.





During her nap Kelly had worked off her pants, which made me laugh...but the real joy here is the smile I get (see right) every time I go to get the little lady out of her crib. Oh, and also those rolly thighs. Love 'em.




"Mom, this is a campsite!" Nice handiwork, Max. But my favorite part? When I could tell from the next room that toilet paper was being dispensed at a furious rate I said, "Maaaxx...what are you doing?" I hear it being rolled like crazy again and when I went in to inspect I expected to find it all over the floor. Not so! My little boy rolled it back up!
*Please don't be grossed out that I let my son play around the toilet, or I guess if you are that's your business. :) I just cleaned it, though*




The Mom and the Maxster
(check out my little man's baby blues to the left! Handsome fella.)



My photo shoot with Max. Best result: my son thinks I'm hilarious!




I love his little crossed ankles...totally kicked back, enjoying a simple childhood pleasure. Okay, so it's not just a childhood pleasure; I usually eat two to Max's one.






I love this little shirt I just scored at the GAP for $3.97...made me want to take even MORE pictures of my babe! Okay, I always want to take pictures of her. I can't help myself.




We finally found a little plastic swimming pool! Everyone has been sold out and last night I found out Toys R Us had a bunch so we went this morning and bought it. It's a little chilly today so we've had fun just playing in it and under it. Then I thought, "Why not take a nap in it?" That's where Max is right now...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR CUTE FAMILY!! Max is such a funny little man and Kelly is so beautiful! I love the video of her laughing! It is true that siblings make each other laugh better than anyone else! Enjoy the rest of your summer, I miss you guys like crazy! Love ya!

The Nicks Family said...

With each kid, the other siblings could always get them to laugh before Jeff or I, I think it comes with being a brother or sister! Such a cute video!! Love all the pictures, you have some adorable kids, and you are pretty cute yourself :) Love ya!!

campblondie said...

Nothing' better then summer, especially when you aren't huge, pregnant and in the sweltering heat! Wish I was there!!

Ab-Normal said...

You kids are absolutely adorable. That little laugh just melts my heart! :) Have a great day!

A said...

I can not get over how much Kelly looks like Meg! Sorry, Dana, she's all Foster! Her hair is going to be awesome though...

Julie said...

Dana...You have adorable kids. I loved the video. It is so cute to hear the laughter little kids. It was just as fun to hear your laugh though.. I haven't heard it for a long time...Thanks for sharing

Ann said...

I'm loving all your pictures and I'm loving the summer, too! I especially love your last post. It seriously is hysterical that all of our pictures of ourselves go through a rigorous screening process before they are put on our blogs...SO FUNNY!!

Shawna said...

Hi Danalin! Your babies are incredibly darling. I'm so glad that I found your blog! It's nice to see how happy you are. And how much fun you're having!

The curls on your little girl!!

Shawna said...

I just watched that adorable video! I can't wait until my Mandy starts laughing; she still does the silent laughter. :)
There is nothing better than listening to a happy baby.

Angie said...

Okay, that video is awesome! Her laugh is contagious! Your kiddos are extremely cute!!