Saturday, April 19, 2008

Triathlon Training - Two Kids - Towers and More!

I have to admit that I've been less enthusiastic about blogging lately...but then I take all of these pictures of my kids and the enthusiasm returns. :) Here's a bit of life lately...


Triathlon training has begun! I run my first tri of the summer on June 21st. The second will be in August and then I'm going to attempt my first half marathon on October 3rd. The kids do well in the double stroller together (good thing since they'll be spending a lot of time in there the next few months); Max thinks that it's a real hoot.




Just some cute pictures of some cute kids




We're all about building cool towers in this family! Usually dad does the best, but I have to say that I thought my elephant tower was pretty awesome.



Last night we took Max to his first movie ever. I've never even put on a movie for him at home, so we had no idea how he would do. We got to the theater and bought the tickets and they had to call back that someone had bought tickets for Horton Hears a Who, so that meant the theater was all ours! Nice. We walked in and Max was walking in behind us. I went to sit down and realized that Max had stopped just inside the door, so I went around the corner and found him standing with his hands all tense. He looked at me with huge eyes and said, "Scary!" I should have realized what a shock to the system it would be to see your first movie theater - a HUGE TV in Max's mind - and to have it played in such volume. Anyway, he did great and only toward the end did he start to wander (as shown in the last picture below if you can see it). Kelly slept the entire time...love this age!

This morning Max and his dad have been watching basketball. Max just came upstairs and said, "Need headband!" He went to the drawer where I have the cloth headbands I wear when I wash my face, put one on and then announced he needed to go downstairs and "shoop the basketball". Ty started laughing when he came down because Max had obviously seen all of the players wearing them and that's why he decided he needed one for himself. Forget Mike, Max wants to be like Lebron!
Man, Max is on a roll this morning. He must know that I'm blogging about his cuteness. I'm sitting here doing this post and I hear Max say, "Kelly's bath - Max have a bath!" I went in and found this:

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh my, that Kelly is such a beautiful baby and John and I both agree that Max has a very sweet, tender countenance. I LOVE the basketball headband story...so cute!

Good luck with the training! I'm inspired by you!

campblondie said...

How fun! Good luck with all the training.

Jamie Claire said...

The Fosters are one cute family! I am thankful for the internet too, your little Kelly's hair is so sweet and who wouldn't want to be like Lebron. You keep me inspired to run, I started again this past week--yikes its going to be interesting and a bit painful LOVE you and your sweet fam!

Beth said...

Love the headband, the big, saggy shorts, and I agree, your elephant tower rocks!

The Nicks Family said...

Haden said the towers are 'Cool'! We love seeing new pictures, it is so fun!! And the only way we are seeing your cute kids grow :) Kelly is so pretty and so sweet. Good luck with your training, you are awesome! Love ya!!

Emily Youngdell said...

I love how Max had to go and put on a headband- so cute! Such cute kids Dana.

Anonymous said...

we took andrew to Horton Hears a Who as his first movie too! i was surprised how well he did!
i'm so impressed that you are already training! good luck!:)

Emily Youngdell said...

Hey Dana, to answer your question you can most definitely use any type of berry for your jam. Actually on the package it said, "For best results, use apricots, berries,cherries, grapes, pears, plums and most other tender fruits." I've also had peach freezer jam (wow, I just wrote peach freezer ham. I should have left that.) and it was amazing too.

janet said...

you are so awesome to be training!! I wish we lived closer and we could do the half marathon together!

I LOVE the picture of Max with his hands in his pockets. and if it means anything, your elephant tower is rad!

Kirsten said...

What fun pictures! You are quite to motivated lady taking on all those triathlons! I really miss running (much more fun than waddling!)

We still haven't braved a movie with Eli. His attention span isn't all that long unless there are some cars or something involved.

Maybe one of these days I will actually pick up that old-fashioned telephone and give you a call!

Marleen said...

We took Nora to Enchanted for her first movie and she did okay. I think she would love Horton hears a Who much better since it is all cartoon. I'm surprised baby did so well. She must be so easy to handle.