Saturday, January 26, 2008

...and we're back!

We had such a fun trip! First we got to be with (almost) all of the Foster Fam in Utah for Adam's wedding. Adam and Laura were sealed in the Provo Temple by Elder Merrill J. Bateman. It was a beautiful sealing and beautiful advice was given. Tragedy nearly struck when Elder Bateman tripped over Tyler's foot...luckily he caught himself. :) We are so excited to have Laura in the fam! She is so smart and kind - an all-around beautiful person. The reception had great food, great music, great dancing...it was a blast! Max's naps were all crazy and so he fell asleep in Tyler's arms (highly unusual) while Ty was talking, with tons of people around and music blaring. The boy was tuckered. The morning after the wedding day we headed back to the airport for a flight to Las Vegas! We were there just about an hour when a few of my friends came to my parent's home for a baby shower. It was the perfect way to see everyone all at once, especially since we were there for such a short time. Thanks to each of you who were able to make it - I loved seeing you! We packed a lot into the few days we were there - a family picture, a nice dinner out with all of the adults, dinner and cousin time at Mom and Dad's, visits out to no-man's-land where Nate & Jenn and Beth & Jeff reside, Lieds Discovery Museum, and of course lunch at Cafe Rio! Then it was back on a plane to head for home. I was happy to be back to my snoogle (my must-have pregnancy pillow)...but we wish that we could have had a little more time with family. Can't wait for the reunions this summer!

Some of my dearest friends - Bonny, Cathy, Janet and Erika.All four of these babes were born within about 2 1/2 months of each other. One set of twins to Nate & Jenn and two little women to my two sisters. They sent us home with an entire suitcase full of girl clothes for 0-3 months. Lots of pink in the closet now! The rest of the cousin crew. On my side we have 11 grandkids ages 5 and under. Kelly will make 12! Me in all of my largeness with my sister Adrianne. Beth, I didn't get a single picture with you!
Max loves: hanging with his cousins
Kissing and hugging babies Playing the piano and singing. Seriously, he sang ALL the time on this trip. I need to post a video of some of his songs. He has one about a baby and now one about Papa and Grammy. I'd love it if he got his dad's musical abilities! Haden and Grant always have fun with Uncle Tyler! And Ty loves to play with them. Here they are being drums for Uncle Tyler.
Lieds Discovery Museum with Grammy, Adri and her kiddos... This totally looks like a baby torture chamber. It simulates winds from a hurricane. Max liked it up until this exact moment. :)
Now we're at 35 weeks and getting ready for our little lady! My sisters gave me TONS of clothes from their little girls who were born this summer. So with those and everything we got from the shower there seems to be a whole lot of pink creeping into this house. It's been fun to get all of the baby stuff out and remember what it was like to have a tiny one. I can't believe it's so soon! Another two or three weeks and we'll start trying some of the tricks to see if we can get her here a little early. I think that they come when they're good and ready, but it doesn't hurt to try. So feel free to leave any advice you have to that end. I just heard that pumping helps to induce labor? I'm willing to give that a shot, but no castor oil for this lady! Gotta draw the line somewhere.

11 comments:

val said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip but I'm sure it's good to be home. Kelly is going to be here so soon. I loved all your photos, seeing your family and everyone.

Emily Youngdell said...

Dana I did the whole castor oil thing and it worked!! But...if I even start to think about it I seriously get a gagging feeling in my throat. So nasty, words can't describe.
I can't believe that you are due so soon! I'm so excited for you. I wish so bad that we could have seen each other. I can't believe that my phone died too! Serve's me right for never charging it. What a bummer. It was so fun to talk to you for a little while. Let's just hope that we can see each other this summer, right?
Love ya lots.

rachel said...

Good luck. I can't wait to see the little princes. How fun. I am just loving the new baby cry's and smells. I am excited for you. Good luck. You look awesome. I would have twenty if I looked at good as you. Can't wait to hear how it goes. How fun to see old friends.

Jamie Claire said...

You look wonderful and are so close to having your sweet little girl! I am so sorry about not being at your shower I was in the middle of my cold that turned into this bronchitis yuck. I cried because I wanted to see you and thought I would just make myself better by thinking I was --didn't happen.My mom keeps telling me to walk as much as I can everyday--she had all her babies a bit early and quickly by doing this-- I think I would do just about anything to stay away from castor oil

Kristen said...

Great post, I only have one concern... you didn't talk about the highlight of it all. Do you know what I am talking about? Well maybe it was the luxurious air mattress, or that Max was able to sleep in the kitchen, or was it the wonderful french toast breakfast (sorry about running out of eggs), or was it when Max took his first or second shower? Well, all I know is that it was basically like the best bed and breakfast you have ever stayed at right?

The Nicks Family said...

We loved having you guys here. The boys still talk about it and wonder when we get to see you again and just aren't satisfied with this summer. You look so cute and are on adorable pregnant lady. We love you and look forward to seeing pictures of Kelly!! Love ya!!

aaron and allee said...

Gosh, you look incredible! I can't believe Kelly will be here so soon! How in the world did you keep your eyes open for such a whirlwind trip?! I was so exhausted at the end of my pregnancy! Can't wait to see pictures of your new addition!

Ann said...

Love it! Sounds like such a fun trip. I loved all the pictures! You look great!

Marleen said...

Looks like you had fun. I love weddings. Glad to hear how your family is doing. Next time give us a call we would love to see you too.

Bonny said...

WOW! You guys really did alot in not much time! It was so good to see you and I can't wait for you to have your little Kelly Anne. You are going to love having a sweet baby girl in your home. :)

janet said...

You seriously look AMAZING! Not that it's the most important thing... but wow! It was great to see you and your family!

I would never do castor oil, but give pumping a try and take really long walks. that always worked for me!

Good luck with everything! Love you!