Saturday, May 06, 2006

SOLD!

Our car, Sonny Boy, is now under new ownership. Gone. We are, for the time being, a one-car family. I have to say that I expected to feel more sadness in seeing my car leave, but I am just so happy to have the whole thing over with!

Sonny Boy was my first big, albeit somewhat foolish, purchase as an adult. I loved the car. There were so many things that endeared me to it. On a nice sunny day, before the A/C was necessary, the sunroof could either pop up a few inches or open completely depending upon the level of relief one is seeking. Such a nice pearl white exterior made for a classy look while still being a cooler color for the Vegas sun (that's where I was living when I bought the car). The warranty made me sleep better at night. The trunk was oh, so spacious. The V6 engine allowed this lead foot to beat anyone off of the line and get ahead of the crowd. Some told me that it looked like a Jaguar...but I sure wasn't paying a Jaguar price!

Alas, those things are now to be enjoyed no longer by me, but by Linnea whose parents wanted her to have a safe, reliable car. Linnea who, apparently, has never been on insurance before and so we assume has not been driving very long. I hope that Linnea takes care of Sonny Boy and appreciates his finer sides.

As Tyler says, we are sacrificing today for a greater tomorrow. I will love a home much more than I ever loved Sonny Boy. While he'll be missed, I wasn't overly saddened to see him go. Goodbye to the car, but most importantly, goodbye to the super big car payment that we no longer have to make every month! Any sadness I do feel will be lessened and eventually erased when the 28th of each month rolls around without nearly $400.00 coming out of our checking account!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

Ditto!

Mark said...

A Sonata out the door, a son on the way. Nice timing!

Wendi said...

I know exactly how you feel, Dana -- sometimes you just have to trim away the excess for the greater good.

I gave my car up last October, and although I miss the long drives in the mountains Matt and I used to take, it was nonetheless one of the better financial decisions I've made. Matt and I are now sans vehicle (save for my scooter) but since we both live downtown it's not such a big deal. Save for missing those drives in the mountains!

S'anyway, mourn not the loss of your vehicle too much; selling it was a wise move. Glad you found a buyer so quickly!