Friday, March 01, 2013

This n' That

Catchin' up!  And off we go...

Ty has Young Men's on Tuesday nights so this particular night I put Biggest Loser on in the background because...well...those nights can sometimes feel tiring and I'd had a really busy day and wanted to be entertained.  Max was inspired and decided that we should do Biggest Loser in our living room.  Brother was hard core.  He had me jumping up on the couch 100x's {he only had to do 10 and the littler kids got to step up on a stool}, we did bear crawls across the living room, leg lifts, crunches...I seriously worked up a sweat.  At some point Kelly had to put on her 'exercise hat' and so they all decided to don BYU head gear {not to be confused with head gear of the orthodontic variety}.  It was not the relaxing television viewing I had envisioned...it was SO much better.  And cute.

Our baby boy has the most chubby, delicious thighs.  You wouldn't know it to look at him dressed and so it makes my heart especially happy when I see them.  Although, you can't see them in this picture.  I will try to get a picture of them soon before he crawls/walks the chubbiness off.

His little face is pretty darn cute too.  And he thinks he is preeetty funny.  He does more things to get a laugh than I remember my other kids doing at his age.




I was typing a paper for my online class one afternoon and I thought that I could totally submit this picture to my professor, professing that my baby had eaten my homework. :)

I really like Everett D.  He was sick when I took this picture and we'd been sitting on the couch with him telling me a hundred knock-knock jokes/stories "Knock, knock."  "Who's there?" "Chin." "Chin who?"  "One day, chin went walking down the street, and he got SMASHED by a CAR!...."  It was a highly entertaining afternoon.  Brother was sick for two weeks, turned out.  'Twas awful.

We bought Max a Patriots football costume on eBay when he was three...because it was $16 {or something} and we weren't about to shell out $50 for a three-year-old Halloween costume.  We had no idea that would lead to a legit fanship.  The devastation was palpable on Superbowl Sunday, especially since Tyler and I were rooting against the Patriots {though we started cheering for them in the final minutes to help ease the pain we knew was coming}

These kids have some moves.  This was at the close of a hard-core dance party.

Max's dream in life is to be a BYU football player.  He told me that he's glad he's so skinny because it will give him more of a chance to be a wide receiver someday.  His poses kill me.

Tuck Man is venturing into the wonderful world of walking.  He stiffens his legs when we try to set him on his booty and wants us to walk him around holding onto our fingers.  Man, it goes so fast.

Max spent a few hours outside in nary a coat in 38 degree weather, shooting hoops.  The reason behind no coat?  He wanted "everyone" to see his uniform...because, you know, we have people flocking to our backyard to see him ball it up.  No really, we do!  They are just in his cute little imagination.  Maybe if the BYU football thing doesn't work out, he can go for basketball.  That is, if the fact that his mom is a shrimp doesn't hurt his chances too much.

I like when Everett dresses himself.

My best {and worst} motherly advice is to give your babe a metal bowl and spoon to entertain themselves while you're making dinner.

When Max was a babe I NEVER thought I would take my kids to germ-infested play areas.  Now I gross out internally for a moment, say "meh" and let them have at it.

One night Max asked what we were having for dinner and I said that I wasn't going to make anything because I didn't feel like it {partial truth..I really didn't feel like it} and that he would have to make dinner.  He said, "Nooooo....okay!  I'll make dinner!"  We had turkey sandwiches {though Tyler pimped a few of them up just a bit}  It was super sweet and he was so proud of himself.

Everett D came down the stairs groaning loudly {totally gets that from me}. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I'm mad at my shirt!" He couldn't get the darn thing straightened out. I helped the brotha out and he happily went on his way. I wish these were the kinds of problems I get to fix forever.

Ty and Max headed to Portland to catch a BYU basketball game.  Max got to give high-fives to most of his favorite players AND his hero, Owen Lewis {and his family} went with them.  Dreams came true that night.  I'm totally behind the genius of the defense - d-fence - signs, thankyouverymuch.  Me and a million people in America who attend sporting events, which is where I got the idea.





No comments: