Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oh, Kelly Anne

Where has the time gone?

2008...



2009...


2010...



2011... 




It is hard for this mama to believe that you are FIVE, Kelly!  I kind of hate it.  But I love you.  I love the extremely good person you are. 


I love listening to you sing all.day.long.  You have a really sweet, pretty singing voice.  

 I love that you are an introvert and retreat to solitude a couple of times a day.
 I love that you draw "machines" instead of flowers, houses, or people like most other girls your age.
I love that you care how I do your hair, that you want to wear jewelry and have your toenails painted, that you sneak my bright red lipstick every now and again.

I love that you bargained and plead and stuck to your guns on getting your ears pierced.
I love that you've taught yourself how to read because it is totally how you do things - you are a thinker and a doer, but you don't make a big fuss about it.  You would rather perform for yourself in a mirror than be in front of anyone most of the time.
  I love that you have motherly instincts and are such a big help with Tucker {and Everett too.}
 You are girly {sooooo girly} but also pretty tough.
You have a difficult time being reprimanded - ever - but I especially know to not do it in front of others.  You take seriously any correction that you receive and are very diligent about being better.
You have the most beautiful smile, Kelly Anne, and I love the twinkle you get in your eye when you are especially excited about something.  You are a great planner and very decisive; Dad and I both love the dates you plan with us.
 You are smart with your money {you get that from your daddy}
I love the little notes and drawings you are constantly doing for me; I love that you trace your hand on those notes so often...maybe you do it because you know I won't throw those ones out. :)

I love how excited you get about things and that you keep track of how many days until it happens; we don't need countdown chains with you around!


I love that you love to memorize songs...you'll have me sing a song you want to learn over and over again until you think you've got it and then you say, "Okay, now don't sing.  I want to try it by myself."

I love your long eyelashes and every excuse I have to put mascara on them.  And the fact that you have the most beautiful blue eyes under those lashes is a total bonus.

I love that you love to snuggle with me and have such a long attention span...you will sit and do a task for a l.o.n.g. time until it's complete.


You are everything I hoped my little girl would be...and more.  So much more.

Kelly Anne Foster, I am honored to be your mama.  I love figuring you out.  I can't stand the thought of you going to school and not having you in our home all day...so I won't think about it for now.  I love you, my sweet girl.  You are incredible, smart, kind, talented, determined, loving, thoughtful, and will do great things in this world!

3 comments:

Betsy B. said...

She is such a joy to have around! I love it when she comes over.

Nicole said...

Sweet Girl! Love your example of loving your kids for who they are and who they will become.

Auntie Elaine said...

SO precious and sweet! HUGS!