Monday, October 01, 2012

SwWpBmScTnBtBsBDfFkCfTnUmFt

I'm just going to throw a bunch of stuff on here that I want to document, but don't want to do a ton of individual blog posts for.

My Shoe-less Boy
SO hard to keep shoes on this boy out-of-doors.  I always find him (and his shoes) like so...




The Mystery of the Bedside Water
I mysteriously had a cup full of water on my bedside table several nights in a row.  I asked Ty if he'd done it and he said no.  One night I happened to walk into my room when Max was carefully walking toward my side of the bed with a full glass of water.  Mystery solved.  Mother's heartstrings tugged.

Waterfront Park
Cool pictures from a day at our favorite park.


Bug Museum
Free.  Super cool.  Fun with friends.  Especially loved the reptile room.  I want a lizard or snake.




Sticker Club
Kelly got a letter from my dear friend Kelly's daughter to be part of a sticker club/chain letter thing.  It took us a month to remember to send the letters and stickers out, but we did it!  Kelly would talk about "My sticker club" ALL the time.  She's only gotten one sheet of stickers out of the deal, but it was a success in her book. :)



Tacoma Narrows Bridge
It was on our bucket list to walk the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  It was really cool!  The kids had a great time and so did we.  We did our darnedest to get the attention of people on the boats passing by, but were never successful.  Cool to say we've done it!





Teeth
Tucker Elliott cut his two bottom teeth at the ripe ol' age of 4 months.  Despite what the picture looks like, he was a pleasant teether.

Burned, baby!
I burned my arm badly.  I was simply scooping scrambled eggs out of the frying pan.  Wish it were a cooler story.
Spit up
Max likes to hug Tuck around his belly with his head also at belly-level.  This time he got a surprise.  I couldn't help but laugh and he laughed hard for a minute before the grossness of it overcame him and his laughter turned to panicky tears for me to clean it off.  We soaped it up, but he could still smell the nastiness and so we had to apply some lotion to overcome the smell.  I feel bad, but it really is a funny memory.

A few weeks ago Max said from the other room, "This blanket smells like Tucker!"  I responded, "Like spit up?"  "No," he said, "cute!  Tucker smells cute."  So I guess they're still good friends. :)

The Baby Balancing Trick
Tucker finally stiffened up enough to do the balancing trick.  He loves it!
Diego Fluttery Foster
We got a free caterpillar from the Bug Museum and watched as it turned into a chrysalis and then Kelly shrieked one day because she saw it emerging from its cocoon.  We kept him (her?) for a day and then set him free...but not before giving him a proper name and send-off.  Diego Fluttery Foster, you are now dead, but we hope you had a good life!

Kitsap County Fair
We love it every year. And every year there is a mama feeding a million piglets and I think as I watch them climb and pull and tug, "I'm glad I have one at a time."  That's all.



Tucker's Cute!
And good.  He's such a good baby with a cute personality already.  I love him.

Naval Undersea Museum
It's free.  NO idea why I haven't taken the kids before.  We were basically the only ones there and we had the BEST time.  Such a cool place.







Funny things:
Overheard:
Kelly (4) Everett (2) - "I wanna celebrate and live my life, but I can't!"
"Dynamite" is one of our favorite family dance songs. :)

Our cute neighbor Ian (5) was over playing with Kelly (4) and Everett (2). They were playing house/tea party and decided on their roles and ages. Ian was the 71-year-old dad, Kelly was the 17-year-old mom, and Everett was the 6-year-old son. That's a little messed up if you ask me. :)

Max told me that he's pretty sure his body was MADE for football.  I didn't laugh even though I wanted to.  I just pictured him shirtless with his tiny, skinny arms and his ribs (because I can see every.single.one).  But brother can hope and work for it!  His dream is to "play for my job, like where they pay me to play football."  Does this mean I have to let him play tackle football someday?  

No comments: