Tuesday, December 07, 2010

O Christmas Tree!

Living in the Evergreen State has serious perks. In addition to the BEAUTIFUL surroundings, we can get super cheap Christmas trees since the trees many of you get in the mall parking lot in your state come from around here. We went to Olmstead's Tree Farm where we cut down our 8-9 foot spruce and paid just $27 (we had a $5 coupon). I am such a fan of cutting down our own tree anyway and the fact that it's cheaper to do so is a bonus. It turned into a sunny, warm-ish day and so the experience was perfect for everyone involved.

It was hard to catch Max for a picture...he was being a sneaky ninja/secret agent

Favorite picture of the day

Two extremely handsome men

I love this little woman
Pinned the ninja/secret agent down long enough for a picture...no small feat!

There she is!
What a manly man
You're coming home with us, ol' girl (to die...but let's not discuss that just yet)
Hunting for the perfect Christmas tree is EXHAUSTING...
...but totally worth it.
(It looks much better in person, by the way, and would probably look better if I had a camera besides my phone)

Merry, Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Kawai said...

THAT is an awesome tree!!!! it must be soo fun to hunt down your own tree!!! Sam ALWAYS talks about it...EVERY year! hehehe....

Heidi Jansson said...

Love your blog. It was so great coming over the for the cookie exchange, AND the caroling? Nice! You put us to shame for sure!

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I recently came across your blog and would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

campblondie said...

I used to love cutting down our own tree when we lived in CA. That's one of the worst things about living in the desert. At least I was able to live vicariously though you this year. :)