Wednesday, September 08, 2010

One Lucky Lady

I'm usually talking about how lucky I am to be married to Tyler. Well, today I want to talk about another lucky lady...Maxwell's future wife. I'll tell you the reasons why.

Max is super observant & complimentary. He is always complimenting me - "Oooohhh, Mom, I really like that shirt" "I love when you wear your hair like that, Mom" "Mom, you look beautiful today. Are those earrings new?" Max has a best friend, a little girl named Reyes, and she lives next door. Marcela (her mom) told me that when he went over to play the other day he came inside, Reyes ran into the family room, and Max sat down to take off his shoes. He turned to Marcela and said, "Marcela?" "Yes, Max?" "I really like Reyes' hair like that." **I know these childhood friendships rarely turn into marriage, but we would sure be happy if this was one of those rare occurrences. **
Don't be scared...it's all in the name of protection from bad guys

He's already thinking about what to name his first child.

He believes in love at first sight. On Sunday we were driving to Church and Max asked what it meant to fall in love. I told him that it meant meeting someone who you think is more wonderful than anyone else in the world and you want to be with them all of the time and often you marry that person. Please read his response; you'll be so happy you did:
"It's like if I'm at a big boy party and I'm standing there and there's a girl behind me and I can't see her. And then she comes up to me - to my shoulder - and pokes me and I say, "Huh?" And then I turn and look at her and then I fall in love with her."

He's even a cute runner
He is a great cuddler.

He has beautiful blue eyes that you can get lost in.

He'll be a super great dad because he's currently learning from the best.

He kills slugs and spiders.
He won't be wearing these floaties forever, ladies...he's currently in swimming lessons

He is super thoughtful and aware of other's feelings.

He's already got some pretty sweet dance moves.

He has an awesome memory, so he'll never forget birthdays or anniversaries...or even what shirt she was wearing and how she wore her hair on their first date.


Yep, that wife of his is going to be pretty darn lucky. But for now, I'm the lucky one. I love being the first love of this little boy's life!

8 comments:

janet said...

I love the running picture more than I should...

and the SHOULDER and poking just made me laugh. This kid is something else!

I don't have any girls to offer up, but if I did, I would.

Anonymous said...

you make me smile.:) max is pretty darn cute, and quite the catch. i especially liked his quote about love at first sight.

Kawai said...

OH MY...what a CATCH! I've got one to offer...she may be a little older, but she's a sucker for blue eyes, a hopeless romantic, and she loves a boy who has some dance moves! I'd offer up Kailynn, but she's been promised to another little man who is quite swell as well!
You sure are doing an amazing job with these little people! You, and I'm sure Tyler, sure do shine through in them! Can't wait to meet your little guy....maybe there'll be a spark of love at first sight when he meets my little woman!
xoxoxoxo
Have I told you lately that these blogs totally make my day?!?!?!

Marcela said...

I love Max ,he is such a sweet Boy ,and sorry everyone MAX IS ALREADY TAKEN!!! =)

Madsen Family said...

I agree--one little lady is going to be extra lucky one day. What a ham. He really is a doll. And why wouldn't he be--just look at his parents!

Kristen said...

Max is the kindest sweetest boy. You're right he will make someone very happy someday. I loved the falling in love part. So cute.

Carrie said...

Awww...sweet! He is pretty dreamy!

Angie H said...

Oh my gosh, that little boy cracks me up! LOVED the falling in love comment.