Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Family Pics


Tyler's telling a joke...such a funny man! It's still hilarious after the hundredth time, apparently, because that's how many times he's told this particular joke.

Our ward does a service auction every year and a friend in our ward with a fancy camera who has photography skillz decided to give an hour of her time for a photo shoot. We got to the activity late and I was standing in the back of the room, looking at the goods you could take home that night. Mind you, this is Monopoly money based on how good you've been (read your scriptures this morning? $5, given service in the past week? $20...stuff like that); no real $ is involved. Tyler came back and asked me to look over the list of services offered so he would know what to bid on. The bidding had begun and I suddenly realized it was for this photo shoot. I handed off the babe and headed to the front; I was NOT going home without this sweet deal! The "price" kept going up and up...several people dropped out, but was going head-to-head with the Stake President. I gave him a few "I am SO not backing down, brother!" looks (with a smile, of course, he IS my stake president) and I think he finally decided to be benevolent and let me win. He should have been given a few extra bucks for that.

I wanted to lose some baby weight and wanted Ev to be able to sit and smile before we cashed in. The time finally came. We decided to do it while Tyler's parents were visiting so that we could have some back-up behind the camera. We headed to Clear Creek Trail, a few minutes from home, where we met Monica. Sweet woman may not have known what she was getting into. Kelly is not a lover of picture-taking. I felt like I had a full-on workout by the time we were done; I'm sure Monica was exhausted! But the results were totally worth it! I've posted a family shot and the kid's pictures to the left...here are a few more I love:

The men in my life...handsome fellas!

Such a tender, candid moment...I'll cherish this one forever

A smile! This was at the beginning and I wasn't sure we'd captured one.

Favorite, even with Kelly's squished eye

A lover...SUCH a lover

The idolized big brother, the adoring babe, the eternal momma...I LOVE this! A perfect representation of my little people.

My three beauties

Success? I totally think so!

6 comments:

April said...

I _love_ that first picture of you all laughing, it is so beautiful!!

val said...

yes, love the laughing one too. gotta love service auctions!! you look great miss dana.

Kristen said...

Oh my goodess, sooo cute. Love your outfit by the way.

Anonymous said...

love the new family pics dana! you look great, and your family is so cute. how did you decide on outfits? we are having pictures in a few weeks, and i can't seem to figure out what kind of colors/combo/outfits to choose....help!

The Nicks Family said...

I am loving these pictures!! Way too cute :) You have such an adorable family!! Love ya!

campblondie said...

What great pics!! You are one beautiful mamma!