Thursday, July 08, 2010

Jotting it down before I forget...

We were eating lunch outside today (it's super HOT and we have been spending the day in swimsuits and water...like most people in our area we don't have AC and Kelly is sick so going somewhere to cool off has been out) and Max said to me, "When I'm 16, and if you just want to relax and not make dinner, then when I'm 16 I can make dinner so you can relax." I told him how much I would love that. A few minutes later he said, "But I think I'll need to take a cooking class."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler is on a 6-day hike with the Young Men this week - he left in the wee hours of Monday morning and won't be home until Saturday evening. We had to make a countdown chain so that I could refer to it whenever Max asked, "When is Daddy going to be home? Is it one more day or two more days or three more days?" This question was being asked every few hours the first day. The chain has been awesome. This morning he climbed in bed with me when he woke up and said, "Mom, while Dad is on his hike I want to remember everything about him." I said, "Okay, so do you want to talk about what you love about him?" "Yeah." On the list was:
  • He's really good at wrestling
  • He is a great snuggler
  • He's really funny and tells good jokes
  • He's very handsome (that was mine)
  • He tells really good stories
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and Kelly called the sprinkler the sprinkles all day..."The sprinkles are getting me!" "Mom, I'm running in the sprinkles!"

3 comments:

Kristen said...

We can not wait to see him. We are always talking about how cute Max is, and we wish we could see him more. He is the sweetest boy.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

how sweet.:) hope he keeps his word on that one!;)