Sunday, June 06, 2010

Mah Boy!

NOT what he wore for his talk, but a classic Max picture just the same.
There are 3 squirt guns shoved in the waist of his pants and one down the front of his shirt.
The pride on his face is the same look he wore when we congratulated him on a job well done after Church -
guns and primary talks elicit the same response, apparently. :)

Dude gave his first talk in Primary on Sunday
. Precious. It was on the Holy Ghost. I delayed preparation until Saturday morning...it was too much to think about earlier in the week. I'm passing on my procrastination skills to my son, darn it. So Saturday morning at breakfast I asked him a few questions and then wrote down his answers. I wasn't quite sure what we would do with it, but as the day wore on I decided that that would be his talk - just what he said. So I printed off pictures to associate with what he was saying, taped them onto card stock, typed out his words and put them on the back.

That night, I had him stand next to me and I read to him while he repeated. After that he sat on the ground and asked me to give the talk to him. I did. Then he stood back up and did the whole thing on his own; just looked at each picture and then said his part. He SO has his daddy's brain. The next morning he gave the talk to Kelly as a refresher. Of course, he had to stand on the back of the couch because that's the 'stage' in our abode. And that was that - he was ready.

He opted for Dad to help him for the actual talk, which was fine by me because I really wanted to watch the whole thing go down. Oh, my heart! He was in his little suit, started out a little nervous and asked for help on the first two pictures, then took off and did the rest of it on his own. I wasn't sure that my chest was going to be able to contain my swelling heart, but it did. Phew. I love that little man of mine.

Here's the talk...and it's so Max:
  • The Holy Ghost works with Heavenly Father and Jesus
  • The Holy Ghost doesn't have a body, He lives inside of US! (pointing thumbs to his chest...except, not during the actual talk because this was still a nervous part)
  • The Holy Ghost's job is to teach us what is right, NOT to teach us what is wrong
  • We get the Gift of the Holy Ghost after we're baptized
  • The Holy Ghost makes me feel HAPPY
  • I feel the Holy Ghost when I see the temple
  • I stop crying sometimes because the Holy Ghost helps me (loved this; no question from me)
  • I know He helps me
  • I know He's real (this was my favorite because it came without any questioning, just a statement of fact from my 4-year-old while we were discussing)
I know it, too, Bud. I hope you never forget your 4-year-old faith and testimony.

5 comments:

Auntie Elaine said...

ADORABLE and SOOOO precious! I'm anxious to meet this awesome dude!! I am going to meet him right?? I haven't heard back from you. love ya!

Unknown said...

I can just picture him up there saying all those things in his cute little suit! Oh I love that little man so much! Great Job Max!!

Madsen Family said...

Ah, Max. You just made me cry at 8:00 in the morning. Never a good way to start my day. What a darling talk and what a darling little boy. I guess he has good parents!

Anonymous said...

Max, I bet the Holy Ghost is proud to have you as his protector, Who would mess with so many "squirt guns "

Mommy said...

I can't wait for CJ to be old enough to do talks in Primary, too! I will probably cry! Can't wait to get back to Bremerton so the boys can hang out. :)