Tuesday, June 01, 2010

M-Day

Memorial Day followed a really fabulous weekend! Tyler's brother, Mark, and his wife, Elizabeth, flew in to hang out with us for a few days. The weather was less than ideal, but we still managed to go for a run (me and Liz), kayak (Mark and Ty while the rest of us took refuge under a tree because it was raining),
Soaked, but happy.
Mark braving the rain

visit a park on the Hood canal,
Beautiful Liz at beautiful Scenic Beach!
People at Church thought he looked JUST like Ty

golf (Mark and Ty), go on a dinner date to Yacht Club Broiler (just the grownups),
watch a basketball game (why, oh why can't the Suns win?) take the ferry to Seattle,
Mark, Liz, and the Seattle skyline

eat at Ivar's,
Ivar's white clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. Yum.
Man, is he cute!

browse Pike Place Market and other stores in Seattle, and then see them off to the airport from the light rail station. Not bad for less than two days, eh?

Then we realized that we might miss our ferry unless we hightailed it back to the ferry terminal. So hightail it we did! Ty with the double stroller and me with the Ev man in the bjorn ran our little hearts out and made it just in time! But there was an injured ferry worker and so we were delayed another 10 minutes. Turns out running was only good for our hearts, not necessary for making the ferry. It was SO good to have Mark and Liz here! They were very fun guests. Max cried for about 20 minutes after we saw them off, "Mark and Liz!" over and over again with many tears. Yes, this happened during our mad dash to make the ferry. So I guess it made the scene even a little more comical. :)

I greeted Memorial Day at 6:30 a.m., put on my running shoes and headed out for my longest run since birthing Everett - 8 miles. It was good, thank heavens. I'm running a half marathon in about 3 weeks and I needed this run to be good for my confidence going into the race. My ipod lost its juice about 2 miles into the run, but it was actually quite nice to have the birds be my soundtrack.

I ran to Waterfront Park where our ward was having the annual pancake breakfast and met my little fam there. It was pretty chilly, but always fun to hang out with so many people I love so much!

Next we headed around the corner to a kids clothing consignment shop I like to frequent (yes, I still was smelly, if you're wondering). I mention this because I would like to brag about how big we scored. They were having a half-off sale. I love consignment shops for kids and I am pretty picky about getting nice things - not very worn looking, good brands. Here's what we got for $39:
  • 5 pairs of shoes
  • 5 pairs of shorts
  • 1 skirt
  • 2 dresses
  • 3 shirts
Impressed? Me too!

The rest of the day was pretty chill. We ended up with some unexpected sunshine and decided to invite our neighbors, the Lintons, over for an impromptu barbecue. We love the Lintons!

'Twas a good day and a great weekend!

The End.

3 comments:

Madsen Family said...

I have to say--I'm jealous of all your visitors. AND I'm jealous you ran 8 miles. I've been seriously running since Christmas and all I've gotten up to is 5. But you have motivated me. I'll do better. PLUS: Happy B-day to you. You seriously have the best hubby. He's a keeper. What a fun day! And welcome to 30--it's great!

Mommy said...

I love reading your blog, it makes me very excited to get back to the Bremerton area in a year and a half! And I also miss the kids consignment store (the one down by the park)! Can't wait to shop there again! Totally miss you guys and can't wait to see you all!

campblondie said...

What a fun weekend! I too love Ivar's white clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. I dream of the stuff. I'm pretty sure it's the best.