Monday, August 24, 2009

This little lover....

growing inside of me is healthy and 18 or 19 weeks along, depending on who you ask. :) My ultrasound a month ago put me a week further than my original due date and my doc said he'll see how the next ultrasound measures on whether he'll change the date or not. I choose one week closer. So I say 19 weeks. I'm probably wrong and the babe will come when the babe comes anyway. By the way, I think there's some sort of trick lens on my camera that makes me look smaller than I really am. I feel like I look really pregnant and I tried to get the most unforgiving angle...but the belly looked littler than I think it is in each picture. I feel him/her all the time now. LOVE THAT. What a miracle! We are so excited! Our ultrasound appt. is for September 8th and hopefully we'll be able to find out what this little bun is. Can't wait!



















-------------------------------------------------------------------

who loves to wear a million different pairs of shoes everyday, whose smile melts my heart, who likes to wear her brother's football uniform with pink crocs and copy everything he does, who is talking SO much, who sings her way through life, who is growing up way too fast...started nursery at Church yesterday! Even though I felt ready for it about 6 months ago, I was emotional about this transition all morning *much to the bewilderment of the husband who was nothing but excited*. She loved it, did great, and stayed put. We told Max to make sure she was okay, although I think she doesn't really need him to do that. Man, she's getting so big!

-------------------------------------------------------
is my helper, makes me laugh everyday, loves crazy dance moves and long stories (books as well as made-up), is enamored with his dad, loves making his little sister laugh, can't wait to be a big brother to another babe, is a great friend to all. I love his face, his laugh, his amazing memory and super fun imagination.

Maxisms for your enjoyment:
  • The other day we got a new Friend magazine in the mail *a Church publication for children*...Ty said, "Oh, look Max, we got a new Friend in the mail!" Max excitedly asked, "Oh, what's his name?!" :)
  • Oh, the excitement when Ty picked us up at the airport after not seeing him for two weeks! It was SO loud and SO cute and I will never forget it. Lots of squealing and kissing and "I missed you"'s. I thought as I stood there with tears in my eyes, 'I bet we are brightening some weary traveler's day today.' As we were walking to the car Max couldn't stop talking, one subject to the next. "Oh, Dad, I have a new favorite color! It's not red anymore, it's blue!" Ty: "Just like me, Max! My favorite color is blue." *something Max knew already* "Yeah, Dad, we have the same favorite color because we're MANS! We're MANS, Dad (with a triumphant arm in the air)!" I had to remind Max several times to use a quieter voice because we were still inside, but the excitement in his little body just could not be contained. Then, as we got to the car Max said, "Your face looks different, Dad. You look different." As though Ty had grown up over the past couple of weeks. :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, what would my life be like without all these loves in it?! I am so grateful.
    *Look below for our month-long trip recap!*

9 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Dana,
Let me just say this: you are much more adventuress than me. I can't believe you DROVE all those places for vacation! That's brave! And you look darling pregnant (as you always do). And your kids are too cute. Will started nursery and loves it too and I love it as well:) So fun to see all your advenutres. Can't wait to find out if you'll be having another cute little boy or girl!

Emily Youngdell said...

Wow, you have been busy!!! I enjoyed reading about all of the fun stuff you guys were able to do. Two weeks in Vegas must have been a blast.
I still can't believe you are this far along and you just told everyone. You are a smart girl. :) ♥ ya tons.

Veeda said...

oh wow. congrats! At this rate, I'm never going to keep up with you.

Beth said...

Ok, lots to say. . . . first of all, you do have a cute little belly, and I think it is hilarious that you were trying to find the most UNforgiving angle! Most would do the opposite! I can't imagine how hard it would be to be away from Ty for so long, even with all the fun, fun things you were able to do! I LOVE that Max said they are MANS! Adorable! I hope you are feeling better! And, WAY TO GO! Prego and all taking on the the southwest!

Josh & Elise Woolstenhulme said...

ahh how fun is that! are you guys coming to the thanksgiving this year? I am way excited for you and your little lover :D

Monique said...

Congrats on expecting again! What does that put the due date at? Is that a Christmas baby? Your kids are so cute! What fun!

Tribe Family Happenings said...

What a cute pregnant woman you are!! I'm so excited to see another mix of you and Ty! I loved the quoted conversation of Max and Ty! because we're mans! we're mans, Dad!! wonderful!! Sending my love and I hope to keep up with your goings on!
♥ aunt jan!

J.D. and Gina said...

Dana! You look sooooo wonderful lady! It's kind of fun to think we are just 10-11 weeks off from eachother's due date. I will be excited to see who is "cooking". I hope you are feeling well and that these next few weeks of preggyness go so well. I love hearing from you. Thank you for your comments on my blog. They make me smile so big!! Your so amazing and I love you!!
Gina

janet said...

you really do look awesome.

and the conversations between Max and Ty are so cute.. love the MANS comment. absence really does make the heart grow fonder.