Wednesday, August 05, 2009

...in the oven!

We went from a mild Washington summer to the oven of the desert! A week and a half in Arizona with two wonderful reunions *details and pictures later* and now we're in blazing hot Vegas. Running in Vegas in August is tough, by the way. I've gone the last two mornings but can only survive about 1/2 an hour. Somehow, though, I've got to get rid of the dessert/snacks/soda weight I'm sure I put on whilst vacationing and traveling two 12-hour days *yep, in a row!* in the car with kiddos. What else are you supposed to do in a confined space besides eat?! I'm so glad to be here, though, just spending time with family. I love my family. We had to send Ty back on Sunday and won't see him until the 17th. That's the only bummer part. Today we'll be hanging out in my parent's pool most of the morning. Nice.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Since our family has been told now *not the surprise I was expecting to give them...apparently everyone just expects me to be pregnant again. No, "Oh my goodness"es, just a lot of "I knew it!"s* I can tell my blogging world friends....we have a bun in the oven! I'm a little over 16 weeks and have already popped. You know that I like taking pregnancy pictures, so I'll be sure to put some up when I get back home. The rubber band to hold my shorts up came out a long time ago. I was sick, sick, sick for the month of June but am thankfully doing great now! I felt the babe for the first time about a week ago. We had an ultrasound at 13 weeks because the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat *a very tearful, scary couple of hours while he semi-prepared me for a miscarriage* and saw all was well with our little, active babe. The tech told us not to put any weight into it, but she thought she saw boy parts - and we thought we did too. So we'll see in about a month! Max is super excited and I am excited to see Kelly as a big sister after seeing her with the three brand-new babes in the family these past few weeks. She's a baby lover. A lover in general. Man, I love my kids and I am thrilled to be adding another! That's all for now...

17 comments:

Bonny said...

Ok, so I just want to add my "I knew it!!" I was thinking about you a few weeks ago and just "felt" that you were expecting - crazy I know but my hunch was right on!! :) I'm very excited for you and your cute family to add another little babe! You and Ty sure do make some cute ones!!! Love you Dana & hope to see you while you are here!! :)

Mike and Heidi said...

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about your 'heartbeat scare', but glad that all turned out well. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

Derek and Tara Larsen said...

Congratulations! So happy to hear your good news and excited to watch for all your little pregnancy updates. Love you!

carly said...

yea!!! i'm so excited for you guys! when i saw the title of the post, i thought "she's pregnant!" and then i saw you writing about the heat and was bummed...then i read on and found out you were!:) can't wait to find out officially what you are having! :)

Dax and Steph said...

Congratulations! I think we are probably going to be due about the same time! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Emily Youngdell said...

CONGRATS!!!! I can't believe you've kept this a secret for 16 weeks... You little sneak..
I am so excited for you guys. I hope you are feeling pretty good! ♥ ya!

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

Wahoo Dana! Thats is awesome!! Congrats you guys!!! I can't wait to see all of the baby updates along the way!! Love you!

val said...

i knew it! just kidding. i am totally surprised and thrilled for you AND i get to see you in just over a week! how fun! i can't wait.

Kirsten said...

Aha! I'll second Bonny's "I knew it!!!" Eli and I were looking at his baby album tonight and there were pics of you and Max when you stopped at our house ages ago and I suspected you'd be almost halfway to #3. Love you oodles lady!!! BTW, check out my new website! www.PositiveParentingForLife.com I'm working on a different kind of bun in the oven...

janet said...

you obviously were meant to have babies close together-- since everyone is just expecting you to be expecting. I am so happy for you and you look fabulous!!

Jen Hancock said...

Congrats Lady! How fun for you and your cute kiddos! I'm so looking forward to seeing you over thanksgiving and meeting your cute fam! Love you!

J.D. and Gina said...

My cutest Danalin,
I am so thrilled for you and Tyler! I have to admit that I was waiting for the announcement, wondering when! You are so meant to be a mommy - the love you have to give is huge, pure, beautiful, fun and never ending. You are such an example to me of true motherhood. I love you so much and love being in touch through our blogs. I hope your pregnancy will go extremely well. You are so wonderful!!!! Love, Gina

Madsen Family said...

Dana,
Perhaps no one is suprised b/c, as Gina said, you ARE made to be a mother. When I think of the kind of mom I hope I can become, it is someone just like you. I am excited/thrilled/happy/ and just a little bit jealous:) We love babies here at our house and can't wait to hear more of your happy, growing family. Congratualtions!

Carrie said...

Congrats! I'm thrilled for you and your darling family!!!

Marleen said...

Congrats! I too am pregnant with #3 and am excited but also a little scared to handle three. Hope your pregnancy is super easy from here on out.

Amanda said...

Congrats!!!! That is such good news! I'll even do an, "Oh my goodness!!!!"

Dana, I'm sure that you are a WONDERFUL mommy and any little one that can call you mommy is LUCKY!

Shawna said...

That is so EXCITING!!! I'm so glad that you and the baby are doing well. What awesome news.