Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shoes & Smells

These shoes are made for running... and that's just what they'll do.
The Nike Air Pegasus +25 are the shoes I have chosen to carry me 26.2 miles a week from Saturday. So I've been wearing them all over the place to break them in. I wore them during one run this week and they felt good. I'm hoping they'll improve my time by at least 25 minutes... that's what the +25 means, right?! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------
Smells are big with Max right now. Everything we pass in the grocery store - or while we're in the car - that has an aroma, elicits a dramatic sniff and an "I smell something, Mommy" from Max. Well, this morning I sat down to snuggle with him while he was watching a show. He normally loves that. However, this morning I snuggled him close and he said, "I smell something". I was trying to figure out what it could be as he was crawling away from me to the other end of the couch. I said, "Max, what's up? Don't you want to snuggle with me?" He said, "No, I smell something" with a disgusted look on his face. It then occurred to me that maybe I wasn't smelling so pretty. I realized I hadn't yet brushed my teeth and my throat is a little sore (and we all know how bad sore throat breath smells). I said, "Oh, is it my breath?" I leaned over to let him have a whiff. The look on his face said it all. I promptly brushed my teeth.
-----------------------------------------------
Another funny Max-ism just an hour ago. We were getting out of the car and coming into the house. I told Max that I needed to feed Kelly some lunch because she was really hungry (he'd eaten some McDonalds in the car while we ran errands). His response? "Mom, you take a quick shower while I feed Kelly." If I hadn't already taken a shower and he wasn't 2 1/2 years old then that may have been a more appealing offer. Still, it's the thought. :)

5 comments:

Madsen Family said...

Oh, how FUNNY! Kids are so brutally honest, aren't they? Can Max please come to my house and feed Will while I take a shower? Good luck on your marathon...

campblondie said...

Very cool shoes, functional and fabulous, I love it!

Shawna said...

Good luck with the new shoes.
Max has a super nose! He seems like such a funny little guy.

Jamie Claire said...

Great shoes! I love nike running shoes they are my favorite by far. I can't wait to meet little max and kelly and give you a big hug

Beth said...

I love the little stories about Max! So funny! GOOD LUCK!!! I know you are counting down the days! Can't wait to hear everything!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!