Friday, May 02, 2008

No creative title, just read on...


Luscious Lashes

I was worried that because Max's eyelashes look like this......Kelly would be jipped; like somehow Max had taken all of the long 'lash genes for himself. However, I am happy to report that my worrying was for naught. Pictures don't totally capture it for either one of the kiddos, but I am in love with their pretty eyelashes!











Latest 'Do

I cut and dyed my hair...I like it a lot!


Homemade Creamsicles...yum!
I keep hearing about fun play groups, so I started one in my ward. One of the days we decorated popsicle sticks and then I made posicles from a recipe I found. At our next play group we ate them and they were a total hit! (see recipe below)

Frozen Fruit Pops
3 cups juice (I used grape and berry juices - not mixed)
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
12 3 oz. paper cups
12 wooden popsicle sticks

1. Mix juices & sweetened condensed milk with a wire whisk. Transfer the mixture to a container with a pouring spout. Put the paper cups into a square pan and fill the cups, almost to the top, with the juice mixture. Put in freezer for 1 hour.
2. After 1 hour, remove the cups from the freezer and place a wooden stick in the middle of each "pop". Return to the freezer for 5 hours. To serve, peel off the paper cup. Frozen pops will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks if kept in a plastic bag.

Love my little people
I am really digging this two-kid business. We are DEFINITELY not done having kids!
What a hoot!
I came downstairs and found this....Max had cleared off the shelf of all books and toys, climbed through into a really tight space, had a seat and picked up a great read. I love this kid!

13 comments:

Camille said...

Oh yeah, they TOTALLY get those long lashes from you! You have the longest ever. I think they touch your eyebrows! I love your haircut by the way. It looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

i love your posts! you always have such cute pictures! i wish my eyelashes were that long! i like your haircut and you look so good, i'm jealous. AND i am definitely going to have to try that creamsicle recipe!:)

The Nicks Family said...

I love your hair, it looks super cute on you! Sounds like the playgroup is lots of fun, and I am excited to try that recipe. Your kids are so cute and I can't wait to see them in July, it is getting closer :) You are such a cute Mom! Love ya girl!!

Kristen said...

I love the new hair cut.
I wish I was in that play group!

campblondie said...

Thanks to Dave the kids also inherited the long lash look. Although I think Tess takes the cake. They reach her eyebrows. Unfortunatly they also inhereted my eyebrows. They will be plucking by second grade. Ya win some ya loose some I guess.

Emily Youngdell said...

Cute hair!! I am trying to grow mine out and then I see cute haircuts like yours and I think, "What am I doing?!"
I love playgroups, they are so fun. I will definitely need to try out the creamsicle recipe.

Beth said...

Cute, cute, cute haircut! So cute, and totally do-able with the kids! And, your popsicles. . . I have said I have wanted to make my own popsicles for years, but never have. Gotta try it! And, that is SO cute of Max. Way to take matters in his own hands to get set up for a good read!

Marleen said...

Love the new do. Looking very sassy. I love the two kid thing also. It is so fun to be a mom.

Marleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Raesha D said...

HI!
I grew up in Silverdale and I found your blog while I was searching for info on the Rought's - I saw your picture of Ilona and she looks exactly the same as when I saw her last - about 20 years ago!!! I was really good friends with her daughter, Tanjagay when we were in Young Women's together. I've been feeling promptings to try to get in touch with her....so that lead me to my little internet search and I found your blog:) I live in Albuquerque now - my name is Raesha - my maiden name was Terry (when I knew the Roughts). If there is anyway you could give Ilona my email address - it is raesahdrz at yahoo dot com
I talked to Tanjagay once about 4 years ago (the last time I was in Silverdale) - at that time she was not very close to her parents, but this is the closest I've been able to track her down. I'm sorry for this huge long comment. I love your hair!!

Raesha D said...

Could help if I proof read - I typed my email wrong!! It's
raeshadrz at yahoo dot com
Thanks!
PS What ward are you in? I was in Silverdale 4th ward back when there were only 4 wards. I know the Ehingers, the Shumakers, the Dodges, the Roughts, The Palmers - essentially anyone that's been in Silverdale for more than twenty years:)

janet said...

hey... I read this post a while ago and apparently I didn't comment. I really think that long lashes are a dominant trait.. because my mom has them and ALL of her kids have them and now ALL of her grandkids have them.. of course, there is no medical evidence of this, just studies done from the Clawsons. Anyway, beautiful lashes are sometime we need more of in this world. So glad to hear that Kelly has them too!

Fun playgroup and LOVE the pictures of Max the destruct-o.

ps. I was looking for your number the other day and couldn't find it.. will you email it to me?

janet said...

and I meant someTHING we need more of in the world, not sometime.